Senior Engineer, Technology Governance Data
Job Title:Senior Engineer, Technology Governance Data
ABK Enterprise Technical Governance Team is looking for a dynamic Senior Engineer to join our growing team. The Technical Governance team is building an Authority to Operate (ATO) program of common security and technology standards, hardening guidelines, risk-based security control processes to identify, monitor and enforce compliance with minimum security standards. Join us building automated security test plans, developing automated algorithms to assess and validate security controls, and develop dashboards and high visibility security profile reports. This person will work with the studios, CTOs, BISO’s, Information Security team, and infrastructure teams to understand the current capabilities and gaps and build common sets of security components and practices to address the risks. This individual will be defining, partnering, and building common tools and practices that will be used by studios and business units to ensure that the high level of information security maturity required by the ATO is applied across the organization. Additionally, this player will help to identify and recommend opportunities for eliminating technical debt while improving information security and system performance. We are launching the greatest Technical Governance framework in the world. Are you ready?
The Enterprise Technology Governance Senior Engineer will be responsible for creating common security and technology standards, hardening guidelines, and automated risk-based security control processes, and metrics across ABK. The candidate must recognize how to lead through influence and will partner with various IT teams to partner on the deployment and implementation of the ATO framework that will ensure appropriate security hygiene while eliminating high risk technology debt and complexity.
You will additionally contribute to the development of common and explicit security controls and metrics across the company for highlighting opportunities for improvement. To be successful, you will need to build strong trust-based relationships with game studios across Activision, Blizzard, and King.
This position will be a senior individual contributor position, within the Technology Governance team. The team’s mission is to monitor, remediate, and respond to technology issues which may result in security incidents, outages, loss of data, or negative player experiences across our business units and studio environments while applying automated controls and metrics to that identify risk and assist in reducing waste.
- Ability to influence decisions without authority using data and metrics
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code and it's uses for repeatable deployments of secure by default configurations
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with a strong attention to detail
- A strong customer/client focus with ability to manage expectations appropriately and provide superior customer/client experience and build long-term relationships
- Effectively works as part of a technical teams on projects and resolving incidents
- Experience gathering and facilitating the development of business and system requirements within a broader project team
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Uses knowledge and skill to decide which actions to take to meet goals. Able to design short-term solutions and deliver with limited guidance.
- Years in the industry (8-10 years)
- Experience with Python and SQL coding languages
- Experience writing reports high visibility reports for senior technical and non-technical leadership teams
- Experience creating dashboards and visualizations to aid decision making
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or relevant field of study heavily preferred
- Experience within the gaming industry / knowledge of gaming company culture
- Patent work on automated decision making and machine learning
ABK is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
ABK is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $101,000.00 - $186,754.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.