Senior Environment Artist
Job Title:Senior Environment Artist
Infinity Ward is currently seeking an Expert Environment Artist for our studio in Barcelona, where we are hosted by Digital Legends Entertainment.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Lead by example through industry high level content.
- Craft believable photo real environment art that incorporates the needs of both high-level Art and Design direction as needed for a given space.
- Collaborate closely with internal and external counterparts to ensure your level both plays well and looks great.
- Pre-Production – Plan and prioritize tasks to ensure best possible results.
- Ownership - High level of creativity and independence; requires little oversight.
- Proactively helps to troubleshoot and fix problemed content.
- Expected to evaluate and help solve performance concerns.
- Mentorship and education of others as needed within the internal and external teams.
- Create documentation of processes for others to follow as needed.
- Industry expert in one or several fields of an environment creation pipeline.
- Extensive experience over multiple years of world building experience with an industry leading level editor. UE4, Unity, or proprietary editor.
- At least 1 shipped AAA title.
- Strong ability to give and take direction.
- Demonstrate the ability to arbitrate effectively when conflicting issues arise within their team and across the Art Department.
- Strong ability to balance and prioritize visual direction against realistic goals.
- Strong foundational Art skills. Understanding of composition, form, color and light in relation to crafting environments.
- Strong narrative and environmental story telling skills with regards to set dressing and world building.
- Strong understanding of modular workflows as it relates to architectural assembly and asset creation.
- Advanced knowledge of physically based material workflows and shaders.
- Advanced skill in their discipline software. Max, Maya, Blender, Photoshop and similar software.
- Self-motivated, independent, and has proven ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and dedicated development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.