Senior Environment Artist
Job Title:Senior Environment Artist
Job Title: Senior Environment Artist
Reporting To: Lead Environment Artist
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Your mission is to play a key role in crafting immersive and compelling environments for the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise. You are a self-sufficient, ‘fire-and-forget’ teammate who takes ownership of critical art tasks, proactively and independently solve challenges, and delivers high quality work in a timely manner. You also have an agile and flexible approach, and excellent and persuasive communication skills, as you will actively partner with some of the most dedicated and passionate developers in the industry. Above all, we are looking for an innovative and dedicated teammate to help tell our story.
- Share your deep passion and knowledge of crafting realistic environment art and your drive to develop compelling visual narratives.
- Research subject matter relating to objectives to ensure an authentic experience.
- Be a proactive self-starter that can independently implement high-level direction.
- Collaborate with Creative Directors, Designers, Engineers, Artists, Producers, and Animators to deliver epic visual content for world-class player experiences.
- Work in Radiant to augment play-spaces with artwork that supports game and story objectives.
- Spearhead environment art development for specific map locations from start to finish.
- Champion standard processes and advocate towards streamlining tools and processes.
- Be a trusted gatekeeper for performance, efficiency, and quality.
- Encourage and mentor fellow artists as a role model of initiative, accountability, and attitude.
- Encourage artists to thrive on open and welcome constructive feedback.
- Contribute creative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development.
- 5+ total years in the games industry working in an environment art capacity, with at least 3 shipped title in the AAA console / PC space.
- Egoless attitude that welcomes feedback and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile process.
- Strong understanding of visual narratives and creating art assets in multiple major 3D and 2D packages (3DS Max or Maya and Photoshop or Substance) for console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
- Possesses in-depth understanding of game engines, pipelines, and processes.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Impressive communication and strong problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in an exciting and often ambiguous environment.
- Solid understanding of game art with ability to clearly discuss modern trends.
- Inspiring portfolio demonstrating focus and dedication to realistic environment and current gen 2D/3D asset creation; ideally demonstrating various objects alone and assembled into compelling environments.
- Familiarity with photogrammetry process, procedural content creation, or PBR workflows.
- Passion for the Call of Duty franchise.
- Strong traditional art foundation.
- History of playing a variety of game genres both digital and physical.
Here at Raven, we pride ourselves on our unique vision for the industry that continues to inspire us after more than 30 years. We developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. We treat each other with respect. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our mistakes. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are looking for people to grow with us. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We each bring a unique set of experiences from dozens of cultural backgrounds. Our shared values unify our direction and decisions, helping us touch the lives of more than a billion people every single day.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.