Senior Environment Artist [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
As a Senior Environment Artist, you will be responsible for designing, prototyping and creating high quality 3D game environments, utilizing in-house Ubisoft tools and engines. You will collaborate with the Lead Artist and Art Director to ensure that your environment art meets the needs of the other creative departments, and that it reaches the required quality and functionality expectations. You will work closely with the Level Design team - taking gameplay block outs through to final quality artwork, while making sure that to accurately incorporate their intended metrics and gameplay functionality into the environment art. Alongside the Lead Environment Artist, you will be actively involved in the delegation of tasks to other members of the team; as well as providing accurate information to the project Producers, to assist with scheduling and planning. Furthermore, you will also support and guide other Environment Artist’s on the team to achieve great results.
What you'll do
- Design, prototype and implement high quality AAA game environments for real-time games
- Produce high quality game environments using modeling packages and in-house engines and tools
- Collaborate with Lead Environment Artists and Art Directors to ensure a high level of visual quality is met
- Work closely with Level and Game Design teams to ensure your artwork is delivered to the correct specifications and meets their gameplay needs
- Work alongside Concept Artists and Prop Artists to define what assets are needed for a particular environment
- Interpret artwork from the Concept Art department and incorporate it into the finished environment.
- Taking ownership over areas or aspects of an environment and driving them through to completion
- Proactively assist in designing, implementing, and maintaining the Environment Art creation pipeline and companion documentation
- Collaborating and communicating with external Ubisoft studios and outsource partners
- Researching new art tools and techniques to create even more realistic and visually appealing environments
- Support and mentor Artists within the team
What you bring
- Proven experience on a least one shipped title as an Environment Artist
- Excellent skill with composition and storytelling inside 3D space
- Expert knowledge of at least one 3D software package (Maya / Max / Blender).
- Good skill with Substance Painter and Photoshop
- Solid understanding of modular asset and texture creation
- Solid familiarity with current generation modelling techniques, such as face-weighted Normals and trim sheet textures
- Knowledge of high-poly modelling and texture baking pipelines.
- Understanding of PBR texturing principles
- Familiarity real-time game editors (Eg: Unreal Engine) with node-based workflows
- Ability to work with different art styles, from realistic to stylized
- Experience collaborating with Level Designers
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
Bonus points for
- Experience of working with stylized art direction
- Some knowledge of Marmoset Toolbag
- Some knowledge of Substance Designer
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels at home. We believe people do their best work when you give them ownership and trust. In return, we expect our teams to practice self-responsibility – continuing to develop their skills and with a growth mindset. We know how critical it is for our teams to feel comfortable and with that in mind, we provide a variety of benefits which we hope helps you settle into your life in Berlin:
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region.
- Flexible Working Hours
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, experts and in-house library.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and berlin.ubisoft.com