Senior Finance Analysis
Fandom is growing! Our Senior Finance Analyst opportunity reports to our Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis. It is located in our San Francisco office and is onsite not remote but hybrid.
Our Finance team is a fan of diving into the business and providing advice on how best to spend our funds to support our business.
As a Senior Financial Analyst you will work with our departments, analyze data, forecast revenue and expenditures, and provide advice on budgeting. You will provide a foundational understanding of the financial health of the business, used, and set us up for long-term success.
- Partner with teams and department owners in providing financial support during the strategic and annual budgeting cycles
- Work with departments to map to their financial pictures within the company.
- Provide financial reporting to understand performance versus plan, and trade-off scenarios in resource allocation, to help improve decision-making to meet agreed-upon financial and performance goals
- Form trusted relationships with department leaders and important partners across the company, as both a trusted resource and objective participant in financial planning
- Develop financial models and analysis that support the short and long-term goals of the department and us
- Maintain detailed financial forecasts that predict our performance; highlight important variances, risks, and opportunities
- Reconcile forecasts to actual results each month and share updated reporting to partners
- Work with our Accounting team to ensure accurate results during close of each financial period
- 4+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis
- Experience as a financial and statistical software
- Familiarity with financial databases
- An understanding of resource planning systems
- Up-to-date understanding of accounting laws and regulations
- Present financial data using detailed and easily-understood reporting and charting
- Earned a degree (B.S. or higher) in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
Bonus if you have...
- Relevant certification (e.g. CPA)
- First-hand knowledge of online advertising, e-commerce, and consumer-oriented SAAS business models
Benefits & Perks
- Vibrant team culture, periodic team lunches and happy hour events
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision
- Train (unlimited Udemy + more)
- Flexible working hours and time off
- Equity & Retirement Programs including 401K match
- Paid Parental Leave
- International work environment with startup culture
Fandom powers fan experience. We are the world's largest fan platform. Reaching more than 315 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom.com is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms.
Fandom is an equal opportunity employer. Fandom values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.