Senior Financial Analyst, Marketing
Mar 15, 2023
Senior Financial Analyst - Marketing FP&A
- 6 Month Contract
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
#WeAreEA the world’s leading video game publisher and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We’re looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team plays a critical role in providing strategic partnership to leaders across EA. We achieve this through effectively engaging with our partners to understand our broad strategy, analyzing data, and delivering insights to help drive EA’s current and future performance. This Senior Financial Analyst will support Marketing, specifically our Global Marketing Media team.
What You’ll Do:
- · Business Partnering
- o Build relationships with partners and actively collaborate to work toward a goal.
- o Responsible for purchase order approvals, budgeted spend tracking, monthly close activities, and headcount management. Set control processes in place to manage spending and headcount within plan.
- o Provide reporting focused on a variety of areas such as maximizing profitability or resource allocation.
- o Prepare, hold, and present business reviews for leaders focused on the story (not just data) with clear insights and actionable presentation material.
- o Drive results by partnering on business-related projects such as modeling business scenarios and tracking performance metrics.
- · Financial Close, Forecasting, Reporting and Analysis
- o Own the financial forecast for Global Media and provide insightful analysis to highlight variance drivers and identify opportunities to mitigate risk / improve performance
- o Partner with the Accounting group to manage Close deliverables, timelines, process and reporting.
- o Design and implement reporting tools.
- · Drive FP&A Excellence
- o Identify areas for continuous improvement, standardization and automation of forecasting and reporting.
- o Challenge status quo and provide alternative solutions.
Who You Are:
- · Highly motivated, passionate self-starter
- · Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities, meet tight deadlines, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high degree of change.
- · Ability to work with ambiguity and independence.
- · A team player able to work collaboratively, within the group and cross-functionally across business units/functions as a thought leader and partner.
Preferred Experience and Technical Skills
- · Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting
- · Familiarity with P&L management, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis.
- · Familiarity with Marketing Media planning and analysis.
- · Demonstrated proficiency in Accounting and general GAAP knowledge
- · Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint expertise required, familiarity with Anaplan, Power BI and Oracle is preferred.