Senior Financial Analyst
Job Title:Senior Financial Analyst
Job Title: Sr. Financial Analyst – Studio Finance
Reporting To: Sr. Manager – Studio Finance
Department: Studio Finance
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Activision is looking for a highly motivated, energetic and financially minded individual to join the Activision Publishing Finance team. This position will provide global studio finance support to the iconic first-person shooter Call of Duty franchises (which includes the storied Modern Warfare, Black Ops and Warzone franchises!) focusing on the following responsibilities:
- Support studio planning and strategy efforts to help develop the next wave of blockbuster titles
- Support business planning efforts (annual and long-range planning)
- Support the quarterly forecast with a focus on accurate forecasting and variance analysis to provide business understanding
- Act as the finance representative for a collection of our game studios
- Play key role in the delivery of updates to studio leadership
- Partner with business counterparts globally to plan, forecast and ensure delivery against development budgets, influence long-term investments, cost savings and efficiencies.
- Assist with the execution of project greenlights and provide monthly project status updates
- Partner with HR to monitor hiring trends and ensure projects are adequately supported
- Help with other ad-hoc projects that arise in this fast paced, ever-changing industry
Our team is lean, dynamic, and focused - which means you will have real responsibility and the opportunity to have high impact in one of the leading companies in the interactive entertainment space. Strong financial and business insight, a desire to learn, attention to detail, timely follow-through, adaptability, and the ability to effectively manage against multiple priorities are keys to success in this role.
The key qualifications for this role include:
- 3-5 years of proven experience in operations finance, FP&A, brand finance, accounting, consulting or related area
- Strong partnership and collaboration skills
- Strong personal presence and communication to work across finance, marketing, development, and executive leadership in pursuit of business goals
- Strong user of Excel, PowerPoint and financial management tools
- Strong finance, business insight and general analytical skills
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively manage several priorities simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (advanced degree or certification a plus)
- Experience with financial systems desired
- High energy; passion for games is a plus
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $72,720.00 - $134,460.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.