Senior Game Analyst
Apr 02, 2023
We are Games Factory Talents - we help Talents from all over the world to land a dream job at a Games studio in Europe or remotely.
Our client, Rovio Entertainment, is searching for a Senior Game Analyst to join their team in Helsinki.
Data Analysts at Rovio are part of a big and data-experienced community working on growing our globally popular mobile games. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the best game professionals in a smaller team that develops a new, exciting puzzle game outside of the Angry Birds IP.
This team has set themselves a bold target to develop the best match-3 game which everyone can enjoy. It means you will be paying close attention to the needs of players and thinking of how to make it a great experience for different player groups. You will take a key role in providing the team with relevant in-game analytics and growing the game in the years to come and will be the main point of contact for anything data related in the team.
What your days will look like:
- You are especially keen on growing and optimising a new game from the ground up, so passion towards game design and a very good understanding of free to play business are particularly useful. You can work on any area in the game that you feel will improve the game performance the most, such as core gameplay, liveops or overall player journey;
- You take an active role in the team by bringing objective and eye-opening findings to spark discussion and initiate improvements across various game areas, from level design to liveops events;
- You use your skill set to bring new insights to the table. This might be related to an experiment you’re running, understanding an existing feature better, troubleshooting KPIs or designing upcoming features;
- You will come up with and conduct your own exploratory analysis using your preferred analytics methods that will bring new perspectives to the team and open the door to new focus areas and business opportunities;
- You spread your knowledge within and beyond your team and find it exciting to learn new things. Rovio has a particularly diverse data craft, so you’ll have no problem finding interesting people to bounce around ideas with.
- You are technically adept to a level that allows you to carry out your ideas quickly and with ease. Usually this means that you have several years of experience in using SQL, R or Python, building dashboards, A/B testing and working with standard statistics and data science models, such as regressions or clustering;
- You have a good understanding of aspects that can make games more fun to play, what accelerates business results, and know what could be expected from different product changes;
- You are at ease communicating your findings to audiences with diverse backgrounds and you are willing to bring to the table your own ideas and proposals to product managers and other stakeholders.
- Becoming one of the critical contributors to a new Rovio Game;
- Getting a chance to work in a startup environment in a small and dedicated team, but backed up by resources of a big company;
- Working with great quality data and learning from the past twenty years of Rovio's experience of making games;
- Joining a strong Data craft that values collaboration and future career growth;
- Enjoying a good work-life balance while constantly excelling your skills.
In addition to that:
- Continuous self-driven learning: want to take part in courses, training, or attend an industry conference? Our industries demand that we never stop learning and the company fosters a culture that supports Rovians’ ambitions to further their knowledge.
- A big small company: Rovio is a globally recognized company with over 500 employees, yet they maintain a “small company” working culture where everyone is expected to take initiative in their own projects and direct their own career development.
- Wellbeing benefits: Nordic values are strong with Rovio. They strive for a great work-life balance, with active hobby groups for everything from board games to their own house band. With Rovio you will have flexible work hours, and the possibility for remote work as well.
- Relocation support: from securing a work permit and finding the right housing, to opening a bank account, Rovio provides immigration and relocation support for their employees and their families coming from abroad.