As a Senior Game Designer, you will be responsible for the entire feature life cycle, from concept/prototype all the way through to release and frequent post-launch updates. You will be also responsible for the development of game systems, controls and interfaces in order to bring the vision of the Producer into a playable experience.
- Pitch, prototype, balance and playtest features, overseeing them from concept to final implementation, ensuring the highest level of quality in everything you own;
- Take ownership over a large, complex system and make plans for how to implement it within the game while balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders (Programming, Animation, AI, Level Design, Narrative, Art and others) and driving development towards the vision laid out by the Producer;
- Create, standardize and maintain design documentation, including feature specification and implementation guidelines, considering the project stage;
- Produce and oversee global UX/UI flow with detailed requirements, adapting it to the changing needs;
- Create game systems that answer the needs of the Producer with regard to the targeted experience for the player, while observing the production directives of the game.
- 5+ years in a designer role in the video games industry with at least 2 shipped projects;
- An understanding of game flow and scripting, knowledge of prototyping software;
- Ability to mentor and transfer knowledge to other designers;
- Ability to work independently and produce excellent results despite technical limitations and time constraints;
- Experience in working in a team in a fast-paced, iterative and agile professional environment;
- Good proficiency in English.
- Problem-solving and open-minded;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change;
- Strong leadership skills, autonomous and proactive attitude, result-oriented;
- Sense of initiative, attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Updating job knowledge proactively;
- Capacity to produce efficient software design.
- International AAA game projects
- Access to cutting-edge hardware
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues
- Opportunity to travel abroad
- Medical / Life insurance
- English / French courses
- Long-term employment with 20 working-days paid vacation
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.