Senior Game Designer (Builder) - MP
Job Title:Senior Game Designer (Builder) - MP
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, Calif., just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Do you want to be a Multi-Player Senior Game Designer on some of the best-selling and most critically acclaimed shooters of all time?
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- You are a master of creating compelling multiplayer environments with an eye toward game balance, exploration, and fun.
- You are extremely passionate about driving your vision throughout the stages of development: concept, block out, detail and initial lighting pass.
- You are extremely proficient with 3D modeling in proprietary tools (Radiant, UDK, Hammer, etc.) and/or commercial 3D packages.
- Be creative and communicate your ideas. The majority of our content begins from a pitching process. Things like story, missions, game mechanics, locations, events all start as a pitch. As a designer you’re expected to get up in front of the studio and sell your ideas.
- Be comfortable working on both large, city scale environments, all the way down to smaller more bespoke experience.
- Have an eye for architectural scale and perspective.
- Whether you enjoy FPS, RPG, MMO, RTS, card games or board games you should be able to break down and articulate their strengths and weaknesses.
- Collect, filter and apply feedback. As a designer you’re going to receive constant input from around the studio.
- Collaborate with and motivate your peers to create innovative and inspiring gameplay.
- Comfortable directing input on game elements such as story, sound, music, motion capture, and dialogue, and obviously gameplay. As a designer, you are the director.
- Know our games: know what works and what doesn’t and how you will make them better.
- Know what you want; if you’re passionate about joining Infinity Ward, prove it to us.
***We need to see demonstrable examples that will blow our minds. We are very selective, but it's worth it if you make the cut.***
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.