Senior Game Designer - NHL
Senior Game Designer - NHL
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for tens of millions of players around the world, pioneering award-winning and creative technology and experiences that connect players to the speed, skill, and creativity of the NHL.
The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on passion and new ideas. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is composed of remarkable talent on a mission to accomplish on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, you will have the chance to turn a job into something you love.
- Work with senior game designer to help create new features and optimize existing economy systems in Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT).
- Model, build, and tune complex game economy systems with multiple currencies, and progression systems.
- Work closely with live content team to align on strategic tuning decisions and monitor economic health throughout the year.
- Improve designs based on playtests, game metrics, team input, and community feedback.
- Operate as a bridge between feature development and design for the upcoming title and offer feedback as to how it will be used in the Live space.
- Collaborate with all team disciplines, including artists, QV, engineers, and producers to get support from the team and guide a feature from initial design to live service.
- Build the post-launch economy, incorporating limited time events, reward structures, purchases, and adjustments that support new features throughout the product life cycle.
- 2-3 years of game design experience (experience with live service design preferred)
- Excellent creative, analytical, and organization skills with an ability to write detailed design documentation.
- High proficiency and technical competency with Microsoft Excel
- Progressive thinking while remaining energetic and motivated to overcome challenges with practical solutions.
- Design and implementation experience with game features that have a live service/economy management component
- Effective at working both autonomously and in multidisciplinary groups
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for gaming: playing, deconstructing, and creating.
- Shipped a AAA console or mobile title with a post launch, live service component
- Experience with sports genre and/or Ultimate Team modes
- EA SPORTS NHL/Hockey knowledge is beneficial but not required