Senior Game Designer
A mid-senior Game Designer will focus on the design of the player experience and communication of the concept to our teams. The candidate will get experience in championing concepts through the design process across teams, as well as shaping mechanics hands-on in the editor; supporting the art, engineering and design departments to craft the player experience. This individual will develop, document and support the game design pipeline and practices used by the production teams on the project.
This candidate, based on their skillsets and interest, will also have the opportunity to explore various career paths e.g. in UX design, tech design or tools design, as part of career progression and development.
- Proactively work as a part of the production and design team, collaborating cross-discipline to craft and realize the player experience across multiple teams and studios
- Drive a well-researched concept; communicating to teams its goals, stakeholder requirements, design, reasoning and risk
- Create design documentation and diagrams to be presented to stakeholders
- Be pitching and prototyping, generating ideas while accepting ideas can come from anyone, and be unattached to letting them go
- Give estimates and risk assessments to the team for your upcoming work, providing feedback and testing for others work
- Get hands-on, to modify and refine gameplay experiences, towards realizing a polished feature
- Have a self-improvement mindset, understanding iterative design and being adept at breaking down high level vision into achievable goals based on targeted values
- An experienced game designer; with professional work experience with different games, design tools and game engines
- A design pro; succinctly articulating game concepts, inspecting and crafting balanced game loops
- Fluent in many prevalent game systems and features, with critical thinking skills to balance familiarity with innovation
- A confident communicator; with precise and clear verbal and written communications, your best work coming from collaboration and teamwork,
- Promote alignment facilitated by communication driven by you, across disciplines throughout the design process
- A team player; supporting, collaborating, mentoring and motivating other designers, growing each designer and the team into greater success
- A gamer; passionate about games, with a wide range of game knowledge to call upon, easily identifying and explaining a game’s strengths and weaknesses, with a diverse empathetic understanding of what makes a game great
What is additionally desirable:
- Experience in Unreal, Unity or proprietary engines
- Having worked with multiple studios across different time-zones
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Flexible work arrangements
- Choice of paid parking or public transport expenses
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly Rostered Days Off (in addition to Annual Leave)
- Paid time off to volunteer
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine, and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences. Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
Ubisoft's key environmental Commitments: Climate change is an urgent problem that affects us all, and Ubisoft is committed to doing its part to protect our planet by reducing our carbon emissions and inspiring our communities to take action. Played by millions around the world, video games can give players tools to learn more about sustainability and mobilise them to act on climate change. We believe that we will only make progress through collective effort: that’s why Ubisoft is actively working with other video game companies to move our industry forward through the UN’s Playing for the Planet Alliance.”
This role can be either onsite or remote (within Australia).
We do not sponsor VISA or relocation.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.