Senior Game Designer - Unannounced Game
Are you a passionate Game Designer looking for new and exciting challenges? Are you interested in designing systems and features that are deep and fun? Do you have the drive and passion to push for new and innovative experiences for strategy gamers?
We’re looking for a Game Designer to join our team for an unannounced non-historical project. You will be responsible for designing game systems and features together with the Game Director.
The perfect candidate will have a solid understanding of strategy games and has experience with designing complex game systems. You should be a strong communicator and team player, as you will have a direct and influential impact on the quality and feel of the game. You need to be able to work independently and be proactive in helping the project reach its goals. If you want to be an important part of shaping the next generation of strategy games, don’t hesitate to apply!
Your Responsibilities are to…
● Design and implementing new game systems
● Help to deliver the creative vision set by the Game Director
● Write documentation and help to keep the design documentation up to date
● Come up with your own ideas and creative contributions
● Work closely with other members of the team to make sure that implementation is done according to the design
● Be autonomous in your work and to be a proactive force that gets us closer to our goals
● 5+ years of experience working in the game industry with at least one shipped title
● A demonstrable experience with system design
● A solid understanding of core loops and player experience
● A genuine passion for strategy games
● Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work and inspire in a team environment
As a bonus, you have experience…
● Playing Paradox Grand Strategy Games
● Developing strategy games
● Programming or scripting
● Related fields such as UX, Art, Sound or Programming
● Leading a team of designers
● Special interest in topics like fantasy, sci-fi or history
Some of our benefits include:
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: Design Director
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Since we strive for a diverse and inclusive workplace, we highly encourage everyone — irrespective of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability or age — to apply for this job if you think you'd be a great addition to our team.
Do not get discouraged if you do not meet all the requirements — we are always on the lookout for talented individuals and encourage you to apply if you feel the position is right for you. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Paradox. We will be interviewing candidates continuously for this role.