We are looking for a Senior Game Designer (f/m/d) who will be responsible planing, detailing, and supervising the work of the game designers with a very strong focus on content creation.
The potential candidate will actively participate in the creation and development of the world by supporting the Content Director and ensure the team’s performance and resolve and manage the situations that hinder game design production objectives.
This is a full-time position based in Düsseldorf, Germany which requires working onsite.
- A Passion for VR; experience in VR is a bonus
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the games industry working in level design or game design; shipping at least three projects and at least one AAA as a Game Designer or a Lead
- Experience supervising a game design team;
- Experience in level design;
- Experience in co-development;
- Excellent ability to organize and structure his/her own work and that of the team (follow ups, control, schedule);
- Hands-on attitude;
- Unity knowledge is a bonus;
- Strong focus in user experience;
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written;
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude;
- Be a team player
- Drive the design team to create and populate the “world” through the full cycle of production from conception to finalization;
- Collaborate with the Content director to ensure that the world created fits the overall vision and narrative for the game
- Manage a small team of narrative, mission, UX and system designers;
- Assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work, and set priorities for the game design team;
- Understand and ensure that the desired gameplays are well implement in all levels;
- Understand and ensure that the narrative and emotional ambition for the world is delivered;
- Work with the Tool and Engine teams to improve the Content workflow;
- Organize and attend playtests and be solution-oriented to the problem encountered;
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and VR and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772