Senior Game Designer (Zombies) - Treyarch Vancouver
Job Title:Senior Game Designer (Zombies) - Treyarch Vancouver
Join our team in Vancouver and help us create the ultimate Call of Duty Zombies experience! We're seeking a highly skilled Senior Game Designer to work closely with their team to craft zombie gameplay. This is an exciting opportunity to collaborate with Call of Duty veterans, be part of a growing team, and create unforgettable gaming experiences.
What you’ll do…
- Design and implement high-quality zombie gameplay experiences using text-based scripting and our level editor.
- Participate in regular playtests, give feedback and provide recommendations for next iterative direction.
- Work with production and leadership to reach product goals.
- Learn and grow by collaborating with game development veterans across a wide spectrum of professions.
- Mentor other designers as opportunities arise.
- Make an impact on the team by sharing your unique knowledge and experiences, look for opportunities to improve our processes and practices and be an example of treating people with respect.
To succeed you should have…
- The ability to directly implement high-quality gameplay experiences.
- The capability to understand the game's overall vision and the role of your work in achieving that shared goal.
- Proficiency with one or more scripting or programming languages (C-like languages a plus).
- The ability to clearly articulate and communicate design ideas using any text and visuals to a diverse audience.
- The ability to weigh design choices to find the best solution to a challenge or problem.
We’d love it if you also have…
- Proficiency with debugging and problem solving.
- Experience with first or third person shooter game design.
- Experience with Open World or Sandbox game content.
- Experience with Live Support (patching a live product).
- Experience with AI design and/or tuning.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/