Senior Game Designer (Zombies) - Treyarch
Job Title:Senior Game Designer (Zombies) - Treyarch
Heed the call of the never-ending hordes of the undead! Channel your passion to create the next Call of Duty Zombies experiences. As a Treyarch Senior Game Designer working on our Zombies mode, together we will turn nightmarish, adrenaline-fueled dreams into reality!
What you’ll do…
- Act as a Point Designer, the Game Design point of contact who represents your small team of Game Designers for your assigned map and who provides oversight to the team itself.
- Work with Design Leadership to create designs and bring them to fruition using scripting and our level editor.
- Participate in regular playtests, give feedback and provide recommendations for next iterative direction.
- Work with production and leadership to reach product goals.
- Learn and grow by collaborating with industry veterans across a wide spectrum of professions.
- Mentor other designers as opportunities arise.
- Contribute to the success of the team by sharing your unique knowledge and experiences with others, look for opportunities to improve our processes and practices and be an example of treating people with respect.
To succeed you should have…
- The ability to contribute directly to the game while also providing oversight on content and team members.
- Proficiency with one or more scripting or programming languages (C-like languages a plus).
- The ability to clearly articulate and communicate design ideas using any text and visuals to a diverse audience ranging from the visually inclined to the technically minded.
- The ability to weigh pluses and minuses to design choices to find the one that best fits the situation, even if that means finding a new solution that no one has thought of.
We’d love it if you also have…
- Experience working in a position with Job Responsibilities similar to the above listing with a team of at least 3 game designers in a professional setting.
- Proficiency with debugging and problem solving.
- Experience with first or third person shooter game design.
- Experience with quest design, especially involving multiple cooperative players.
- Experience with Live Support (patching a live product).
- Experience with AI design and/or tuning.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/