Senior Game Developer
Feb 07, 2023
Kitchener, Canada, Toronto, Canada, Montréal, Canada
80,000 - 120,000
Join us to create a virtual livestreaming experience like no other! We're building tools for
videogame streamers that blur the lines between games and software, creating a social
MMORPG for streamers and fans.
As a Senior Game Developer on our fast-growing team, you'll work in a small, agile environment
with a focus on delivering high-quality, performant code. The ideal candidate is excited to work
with a unique tech stack that includes C++ and Unity, and is eager to jump in and tackle all
aspects of our codebase.
We're a company committed to an open, fun, supportive, and collaborative environment. Join us
in making a difference and enjoying team activities along the way! If this opportunity sounds like
a fit for you, apply now!
- Close collaboration with founders on solving core engineering challenges
- Ability to execute in ambiguous situations and make informed technical decisions with
- Strong experience with Unity engine and UI development
- Collaboration with game designers, artists, and other developers to create user-friendly
- Debugging skills for both Unity and native DLLs
- Implementation and optimization of game features, including physics, animations, and
- Integration of models, assets, textures, and shaders into game scenes
- Maintaining reusable, documented codebases across multiple projects
- Proficient in version control (git) with understanding of merge/conflict resolutions and
- Stay current with emerging trends and technologies in the gaming industry.
- 3+ years of industry experience in game development, with a focus on Unity and UI
- Strong proficiency in C# and Unity engine
- Shipped at least one commercial game/software
- Experience with UI/UX design and development
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Playing and watching videogames is your lifestyle!
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with technical art skills (shaders, texture and geometry coding)
- Nerd out over geometry optimization tricks
- Understanding of linear algebra
- Experience with networking /async programming
- Like giving and receiving feedback
Working With Us
Our office is based at the heart of Downtown Kitchener, ON, which is about an hour away from
Toronto. If you like the idea of working with a fast-growing startup, and aspire to take leads on
larger self-directed projects in the future, then this is the opportunity for you.
A lot of our approach to work is based around learning, experimenting, and pushing boundaries.
We love nerding out over new graphics techniques and watching HCI, GDC, and SIGGRAPH
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Generous stock options. We believe that everyone working with us should share in the
success of the company.
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
- Dynamic and creative work environment
- Collaborative and supportive team culture
1. Click the link to apply! https://mtion-interactive-inc.homerun.co/senior-game-developer
2. You'll get an email from us to acknowledge receipt, and then another email within a
week to let you know if you've made it to stage 2.
3. Stage 2 will be a video chat with 2-3 people from the team to get context on your
experience, personal goals, and what you could bring to the company.
4. Stage 3 will be a "culture fit" chat with 2-4 people from the team that you might interact
with less frequently. This is less formal and helps us maintain a friendly atmosphere.
5. Then you'll get a final email letting you know if we will or won’t extend an offer!