Senior Game Producer, IP Expression
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Senior Game Producer, IP Expression on the Wild Rift product team, you will work with internal development teams and external partners to deliver high quality features to enhance player's experience in Wild Rift. Working among cross-functional teams, you will deliver Gameplay focused features from prototype to post-ship validation. This would require you to build and maintain workflows, articulate the why and align with stakeholders, and manage multifarious communication channels across multiple organizations.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- Develop the through line from product vision to goals, roadmaps and ultimately shaping a player’s in-game journey to that of the product strategy
- Align globally focused and locally sensitive gameplay roadmaps with multiple co-developer teams
- Maintain the IP vision of League of Legends by collaborating across the LOL Inc ecosystem (League of Legends PC, Legends of Runeterra, Team Fight Tactics, Wild Rift) to create unified IP experiences
- Collaborate with WR Shanghai, League of Legends PC, IP and other Riot teams to drive Riot IP related initiatives including champions, game modes, tentpole events etc. from ideation to validation
- Align partner decisions to Riot values by being accountable to review and approve in-game product decisions and executional quality
- Establish the framework for post-ship review criterias and accountable for future optimizations that aligned with product vision and goals
- 5+ years of professional experience in roles focused on product management or game design
- 2+ years of experience creating impactful in-game features, including combat, champion, game modes etc., covering ideation, scoping, design and execution
- Competitive multiplayer familiarity. Familiar with mobile MOBA games, including League of Legends: Wild Rift and other popular PVP games in China
- Experience on driving collaboration across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Fluency in Mandarin and English
- Experience with full-lifecycle feature or product ownership, from ideation to launch
- Experience in advanced data analytics, modeling, statistics, etc
- Experienced stakeholder management and relationship building
- Experience in managing a cross-functional team
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).