Senior Game Product Manager - Core Game Loop & LoL Moments
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Sr. Game Product Manager on the Wild Rift product team, you will work with internal development teams and external partners to deliver high quality features to enhance player's experience in Wild Rift. Working among cross-functional teams, you will deliver Riot cross-collaboration focused gameplay, from prototype to post-ship validation. This role would require you to coalesce vision into product requirements and acceptance criteria across teams. As well as articulate the “What and Why” to align with stakeholders. You will also manage multifarious communication channels across multiple organizations. You will report into the Wild Rift Product Lead in Shanghai.
- Work closely with Product Lead and leadership from our development partners to align, maintain, and evolve product vision to mission, goals and ultimately shaping product strategy for each patch collaboratively
- Responsible for managing collaboration and alignment regarding cross product collaboration and themed patches between Wild Rift, Riot central teams, and partner leadership teams by unifying common goals and clearly communicating the value being delivered to players every release
- Harness the strengths of our development and publishing partners to facilitate the formation of strategic, meaningful product priorities, rather than reactive feature delivery
- Responsible for in-game change reviews and approves while leading the team to establish the framework for post-ship review criterias and accountable for future optimizations
- Manage, mentor, train, and grow Riot Shanghai In-Game Product Owners
- 5+ years of professional experience in roles focused on game product management or game design
- Competitive multiplayer familiarity. Familiar with PVP or mobile MOBA games, including League of Legends: Wild Rift and other popular PVP games in China
- Experience on driving collaboration across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Fluency in Mandarin and written English
- Experience of impacting in-game features, including combat, modes etc., covering ideation, scoping, design and execution
- Experience with full-lifecycle feature or product ownership, from ideation to launch
- Experience in advanced data analytics, modeling, statistics, etc
- Experienced stakeholder management and relationship building