Senior Game Product Manager, Monetization
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Senior Game Product Manager, Monetization on the Wild Rift product team, you will work closely with product and Tencent stakeholders to maximize our business outcomes without compromising on what makes Wild Rift world-class in terms of fun, engagement, and player-focus. You will help solve the highest impact monetization design problems and innovate new monetization strategies in the genre. You will balance meaningfully engaging with, questioning, and leveling up the product strategy especially as it intersects with monetization, while setting and monitoring reachable KPIs. You will report into the Product Lead.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- Understand League and MOBA monetization philosophy at Riot. Translate philosophical alignment into full-cycle feature creation through ideation, production, and ultimately post-ship validation
- Partner with product and other disciplines to create monetization and content strategy that is audience-driven and designed for a sustainable in-game resource economy
- Understand the monetization health of Wild Rift by forecasting, monitoring and evaluating KPI performance of each release and accountable for future improvement
- Responsible for identifying and managing how monetization and progression systems contribute to the player journey
- Be able to operate at broad strategic business model scope down to individual feature level execution across regions
- Analyze existing monetization strategies and evaluate which industry best practices make sense to incorporate into Wild Rift’s Monetization Strategy
- Operate in an environment with high ambiguity and rapid rate of change. Be confident in communicating strategic recommendations for partners and senior leadership across organizations
- Become a Riot-wide expert and advisor on monetization design
- 6+ years of professional experience in roles focused on product management or game design
- 2+ years of experience designing a monetization product, distribution mechanism or building systems from scratch in the video game industry
- Experience creating impactful monetization projects covering ideation, scoping, design and execution
- Hardcore gamer. Familiar with mobile MOBA games, including League of Legends: Wild Rift and other popular PVP games in China
- Experience on driving collaboration across multiple teams and stakeholders
- Fluency in Mandarin
- Experience with full-lifecycle feature or product ownership, from ideation to launch
- Experience in advanced data analytics, modeling, statistics, etc
- Experienced stakeholder management and rapport-building skills
- Proficiency in English language
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.