Senior Game Product Manager - UFC
Senior Game Product Manager - UFC
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. The EA SPORTS UFC franchise offers the electrifying spectacle and entertainment of MMA for over 20 million players across the globe, delivering fluid and responsive mixed martial arts through inventive gameplay technology.
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the EA SPORTS UFC team is on a mission to become the world's greatest fighting game. If you're passionate about building immersive digital entertainment, this is the role of a lifetime.
On UFC, the Senior Game Product Manager’s mission, in close collaboration with the wider UFC Live Content Team, is to help create the most engaging and rewarding live service experience for our players. The candidate will have a mix of strategic acumen, creative instinct and analytical ability that can help create actionable plans and content strategies that benefit our players.
A UFC Senior GPM is expected to interface directly with other Producers, Game Designers, Artists and external stakeholders to further the growth of UFC’s live service.
- Design and manage live content, campaigns and features that maximize acquisition, engagement and monetization throughout the product cycle.
- Conduct and communicate in-depth analysis of in-game economy trends using data insights and strong business acumen to impact top line KPIs.
- Be passionate about, and represent the voice and needs of our customers and partners within UFC.
- Work closely with the game team to drive best-practice strategies in creating, balancing optimizing economy models for virtual economies.
- Develop and implement game health review cycles that carefully consider internal and external feedback as well as key product metrics to continually improve the product.
- Track and develop an expert level understanding of gaming trends and insights.
- Translate real world UFC events into live content ideas/plans on short notice, which may sometimes require flexible work hours to mirror real world UFC events.
- Own testing strategies, execute A/B testing campaigns and conduct post mortems.
- Collaborate with our internal technical partner groups, being a key stakeholder in technologies that impact the game or live service.
- Partner with Central teams and craft requirements for all player facing features outside of game team's scope.
- A passion for games with a player first mentality.
- Minimum of 5 years of Product Management or Game Design experience required (ideally in Live Services).
- Self-motivated team player that brings excitement and enthusiasm to work each day.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data driven product design and decision making.
- Sound and proven ability in using and understanding in-game trends using data insights to impact top line KPIs.
- Strong communication and writing skills, with experience preparing and presenting decks to various stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to juggle priorities and projects.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced AGILE development environment.
- Highly desirable but not essential: A UFC fan with a good understanding of the core mechanics of UFC and it’s live features.
- Experienced in:
- Successful live service console and/or mobile games having delivered and maintained at least one product through the product life cycle.
- Designing content, campaigns and features that maximize acquisition, engagement, and monetization throughout the product life cycle.
- Obtaining insights and developing strategies through analytical metrics driven analysis and design experimentation.