**Note**: Final Designation / Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings
We are looking for a Senior Game Tester to assess video games quality through manual and partial automated testing. You will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches.
In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. If you are also competent in executing test cases and are passionate about video games in general, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will ensure that our games, features and systems work correctly.
As a part of Ubisoft QC Department, you will be involved in a complex process of quality control and serving the following mandates -
- Devise a test plan for the title to achieve the highest quality/smooth execution of the project and continuously follow-up on its evolution.
- Supervise the creation of test cases, along with the testers, to check and report the status on daily basis.
- Promoting and enforcing QC best practices across all team members.
- Understanding and defining areas to calculate the overall risk to the project. Devise strategies to mitigate those risks and communicate them to all stakeholders.
- Assign tasks to team with respect to their strengths and provide all the details in the task mail.
- Implement and maintain testing process to ensure both development team and QC team stays in the same page and issues are solved in efficiently.
- Challenge the testers on the test results and test cases to boost their quality of service.
- Contribute in the training program including Interviews, Recruitment and coaching of testers.
- Oversee bug database maintenance and bug standards.
- Follow up on requests from the development team.
- Ensure effective internal and external communication; and proactively implement initiatives to enhance test processes and foster collaboration between internal and external QC teams.
- Draft and communicate the daily report on the versions and submissions, send them to all stakeholders.
- Manage a team of game testers and evaluate their performance on a regular basis.
- At least 5-8 years’ experience of testing in any Industry, preferably gaming.
- Proven ability in managing and tracking schedules for a team of testers with shipped project as QC Lead.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must have a passion for games, widely played games with in-depth knowledge of different types of games.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good interpersonal skills to undertake collaborative work with teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and finding across disciplines and across multiple levels of management.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Able to work effectively under pressure.
- Familiar with any Bug Database (Jira, Hansoft, Mantis etc.)
- Experience in Game Industry
- Understanding of roles and responsibilities of a game tester