Senior Gameplay Animator - Treyarch Vancouver
Job Title:Senior Gameplay Animator - Treyarch Vancouver
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Gameplay Animator to join our Zombies team in Vancouver. You will create top-quality animations that push the boundaries of gameplay, storytelling, and technology while inspiring the rest of the team. The ideal candidate should have a passion for animation and a strong understanding of principles, body mechanics, Maya, and motion-capture editing techniques.
As a successful candidate, you will collaborate with the engineering and design teams to identify and solve potential issues. You should possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
In this role, you will work closely with the Lead Animator to drive the animation vision and be an integral part of the team. Additionally, you will provide valuable insights that will influence animation technology development, resources, and tool development.
What you'll be doing…
- Produce top-quality gameplay/AI animation using the available tools, with opportunities to also work on in-game cinematics and vignettes.
- Collaborate with animators, designers, artists, and software engineers to identify areas that need attention and come up with solutions to address them.
- Contribute to the development of new techniques and processes for creating and implementing animations.
- Participate in animation concept development to help shape gameplay ideas.
- Identify potential risks and implement mitigation plans before issues arise while maintaining high productivity levels.
To succeed you should have…
- You should have a deep understanding of realistic body mechanics and animation principles.
- Strong mentoring skills.
- Expert knowledge of Maya and animation implementation and debugging techniques.
- Experience implementing system-based gameplay/AI animations in a game engine.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to solve problems independently.
- 5+ years of proven experience in the game industry, including senior animator experience on at least one AAA title.
We’d love it if you also have...
- Facial animation experience.
- Creature animation experience.
- Storyboarding skills.
- Camera animation skills.
- Experience working with outsourcing.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/