Senior Gameplay Engineer - Digital Legends
Job Title:Senior Gameplay Engineer - Digital Legends
Digital Legends is an Activision independent Studio based in Barcelona, formed by industry veterans and emerging talent who are focused on delivering a AAA gaming experience to mobile devices. Since it was founded in 2001, the studio has been a pioneer in mobile game development. It has a long, established history as a leading mobile development studio with a number of high-quality mobile titles built from the ground-up to its credits, including the award winning The Respawnables™ series of games. We are creating an all-new, AAA mobile experience that will bring the thrilling, fluid and large-scale action of Call of Duty®: Warzone™ Mobile to players on the go.
We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to help implement gameplay systems and finetune them for mobile devices, working closely with design. The ideal candidate is proficient in C++ and scripting languages such as Lua and is experienced in various gameplay systems.
If you want to become part of a roster of world-class mobile development, in a super cool environment, keep reading!
- Define systems architecture where needed and implement them ensuring good programming practices are followed.
- Collaborate with other departments in establishing the most elegant and efficient approach for implementing different features.
- Develop, modify and debug features following specs agreed with design.
- Implement relevant UI for your own features in collaboration with UX design and art.
- Proactive attitude in identifying and help solving potential problems or improving current processes.
- Work with production to define schedules and deliver high quality work according to that schedule.
- Mentor less experienced programmers
- Write clear documentation and incentivise knowledge sharing across the department.
- Strong knowledge of C++ programming language and scripting languages.
- 3+ years of experience as a gameplay programmer in a similar role
- Ability to review and give feedback in a clear and constructive manner.
- Working level of English, written and spoken.
- Organised and empathetic.
It's always a plus:
- Experience in shooters, mobile game development and/or AAA games
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on your experience.
- A wide range of perks such as private health and dental insurance, ticket restaurant, wellbeing voucher, 25 days + xmas period holidays and more.
- And a great team of super skilled individuals that can help you grow as a professional.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide. Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do. At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.