Senior Gameplay Programmer
As a Gameplay Programmer at Ubisoft Shanghai, you will be working together with the team at Massive Entertainment to create a new story-driven open-world video game set in the Star Wars galaxy. Our goal is to create a game and a story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey, which will stay with them for years to come.
What you will do:
- Cooperate with game designer to program the game according to game design document;
- Identify potential technique risks based on game design requirement in early stage;
- Work with artist to implement the user interface, graphic and animations;
- Work closely with backend programmer to ensure the quality of data communication between both end;
- Ensuring the code and feature with high quality and stability;
- Help other programmer in the team when necessary to ensure smooth user experience through all parts of the game;
- Cooperate with the producer to establish feasible working plans according to the mandate;
- Help the producer to implement the plan by checking the work progress of the code team regularly;
- Work with the team to improve production process and establish best practice;
- Document the code and design to share with others;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you should be equipped with:
- Experiences of games development in both online and offline projects, with equivalent industry experience;
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, animation, gameplay scripting, user interface and online networking;
- Strong C & C++ skill; Strong analytical and synthesis skills;
- Good knowledge of standard algorithms and knows how to use them according to project needs;
- Strong ability in problem-solving and adapt to change;
- Good communication (oral and written) in English and collaboration skills.
- Console game development experience;
- Experience with at least one shipped game;
- Problem-solving skills;
Benefits and Perks from Ubisoft Shanghai:
- Future of Work framework: flexible hours and up to 8 days of working remotely per calendar month
- A minimum of 15 days paid annual leave
- Monthly meal and snack allowance
- Premium medical insurance plan and free annual health check
- Game Package: free access to Ubisoft games on PC plus a rich and expanding library of games & books
- Employee Assistance Program: wellbeing solutions, emotional support, and life coaching
- 10+ staff clubs featuring weekly sports and gaming activities and events
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!