Senior Gameplay Programmer
As a Gameplay Programmer at Ubisoft Shanghai, you will be working together with the team at Massive Entertainment to create a new story-driven open-world video game set in the Star Wars galaxy. Our goal is to create a game and a story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey, which will stay with them for years to come.
What you will do:
- Cooperate with game designer to program the game according to game design document;
- Identify potential technique risks based on game design requirement in early stage;
- Work with artist to implement the user interface, graphic and animations;
- Work closely with backend programmer to ensure the quality of data communication between both end;
- Ensuring the code and feature with high quality and stability;
- Help other programmer in the team when necessary to ensure smooth user experience through all parts of the game;
- Cooperate with the producer to establish feasible working plans according to the mandate;
- Help the producer to implement the plan by checking the work progress of the code team regularly;
- Work with the team to improve production process and establish best practice;
- Document the code and design to share with others;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you should be equipped with:
- Experiences of games development in both online and offline projects, with equivalent industry experience;
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, animation, gameplay scripting, user interface and online networking;
- Strong C & C++ skill; Strong analytical and synthesis skills;
- Good knowledge of standard algorithms and knows how to use them according to project needs;
- Strong ability in problem-solving and adapt to change;
- Good communication (oral and written) in English and collaboration skills.
- Console game development experience;
- Experience with at least one shipped game;
- Problem-solving skills;
Benefits and Perks from Ubisoft Shanghai:
- Future of Work framework: We believe that working location flexibility is essential to employee engagement and contributes to our high value of work-life balance
- A minimum of 15 days paid annual leave
- Monthly meal and snack allowance
- Premium medical insurance plan and free annual health check
- Game Package: free access to Ubisoft games on PC plus a rich and expanding library of games & books
- Employee Assistance Program: wellbeing solutions, emotional support, and life coaching
- Jumpstart your growth: A rich resevoir of premium and exclusive learning resources to support your continuous learning, expand your skillset, and advance your career.
- 10+ staff clubs featuring weekly sports and gaming activities and events
Ubisoft CSR commitment
Making a long-lasting positive impact for our players, our teams, our partners and our planet.
In Ubisoft, we are working to enrich players’ lives through unique and memorable gaming experiences and by improving the positive impacts of our games. To get there, we are creating a safer, more inclusive work environment, we are giving back to the communities where Ubisoft operates by working with local non-profit partners and by working to reduce the environmental impact of our business.
To learn more about Ubisoft’s Environmental Commitment
Play Green: Ubisoft’s Commitment to Global Carbon Neutrality