Senior Graphic Designer
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking an experienced and talented Senior Graphic Designer to be based in our NYC headquarters. The ideal candidate will have a stellar portfolio that shows extensive experience working with interesting, contemporary, design led brands. Working closely with the marketing team, the senior designer will deliver dynamic, thoughtful, and innovative content and will collaborate with multiple teams across projects to deliver cohesive holistic creative solutions. We take great pride in our iconic brand and IPs, and our work reflects the high visual and experience standards set throughout the company.
WHAT WE DO
- The marketing creative team works closely with our publishing department to deliver engaging, creative solutions to support some of the biggest innovative entertainment franchises in the world.
- The creative team is responsible for a wide range of mediums, including print, physical, experiential and digital. Projects will often include, key art design, merchandise, 360 advertising campaigns, digital and everything in between.
- Outside of the IPs, the creative team is also responsible for a variety of creative to support and enhance the brand and to help reinforce the brands identity and image.
- We support our employees with a culture of career development, safety, and inclusion.
- Work collaboratively with a team of in-house designers, illustrators, and animators to develop creative materials from concept to final artwork.
- Ensure high-quality design concepts and execute creative materials as required.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to effectively manage our creative projects and enhance department productivity.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously to realize the organization's creative marketing goals.
- Deliver all phases of production from concept to completion (e.g. mockups, hi-fidelity comps, production-ready assets and guidelines for usage).
- 5-10 years Graphic Design experience with a strong track record for developing striking visual identities and key art for a variety of industries and brands.
- Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and typography.
- A passion for conceptual ideation and design execution.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital, print and production processes.
- A strong interest and passion for art, design, games, music, film, and contemporary culture in general is essential.
- Desire and ability to provide mentorship and constructive feedback to other designers.
- Highly conceptual, with the ability to communicate ideas clearly and effectively.
- Ability to be proactive, to identify new creative ways to help support the brand and the games.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as a part of a larger team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- 3D skills are a plus, but not essential.
- Knowledge of visual digital spaces, UI/UX, and how to leverage social media platforms.
- The ideal candidate will have previously worked with entertainment properties or appropriate lifestyle brands.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in New York City at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.