Senior HR Business Partner
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
SEGA Studio Operations Sofia is dedicated to serving SEGA’s Development teams in providing quality, timely, and effective QA services. The Centre is based in Business Park Sofia, nearby Mladost 4 district.
We assist all studios with publishing QA and validation functions. We support the needs of the development studios and make the creative vision become a reality.
The Senior HR Business Partner role is required to support the Studio Operations Leadership team enact a process of organizational change and development in the SEGA Black Sea QA Centre of Excellence.
You will ensure dedicated HR support and guidance to the VP Studio Operations and QA Director. The role will be responsible for Culture and Employee development & wellbeing for the SEGA Studio Operations Team in Sofia and will Partner with studio leadership to develop, plan and implement HR strategy, initiatives and processes.
- Responsible for Culture and Employee development & wellbeing for the SEGA Studio Operations Team in Sofia.
- Provide direction and guidance to the Studio leadership team on all HR matters
- Partner with studio leadership to develop, plan and implement HR strategy, initiatives and processes through:
- Engage in regular and effective communication with Studio Operations leadership team, Leads, People Managers and wider SEGA Black Sea & SEGA Europe HR Teams to:
- Ensure early identification, intervention, and resolution of people challenges
- Drive Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Ensure SEGA’s employee life cycle operations are managed impeccably (On & Off boarding, probation, long service, etc)
- Provide support to managers and employees around performance management, including appraisals, development plans, objective setting, and career development.
- Provide guidance to organisational and team challenges in a commercial and compliant manner.
- Advise employees and management on policies, processes, and systems
- Champion and promote HR initiatives across the teams
- Identify opportunities & solutions for individual and team development needs, including training, coaching & performance management.
- Coach & Guide studio management teams in Employee Relations and Policy areas.
- Coach & Advise SEGA Europe & central HR Services on Bulgarian Employment Matters and People Considerations.
- Manage employee relations activity as required and coach leadership team on ER matters and policy development.
- Understand and advise managers on relevant Bulgarian Employment Law.
- Assist with ongoing review of policies and communications to ensure they are compliant and aligned to business and commercial goals across the whole region.
- Regularly review, analyse, and prepare insights based on available analytics to recommend future approaches and incentives.
- Provide coaching and guidance to studio operations team as required.
- Implement Enterprise HR initiatives and advise on local considerations.
- Process improvements - assistance in identifying areas for process streamlining & drawing up process workflow documents as required.
- Updating & producing copy /content for HR Communications channels.
- Development of Learning & Career Development Channels.
- Provide Bulgarian perspective, insights and input into enterprise-wide HR Initiatives
- Partner with SEGA HR & Central Service teams to effectively implement Enterprise-wide HR initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Completer Finisher able to structure own workload and manage competing priorities
- Proven experience in resolving complex HR issues
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience of organisational change.
- Knowledge and experience of Bulgarian Employment Law & HR Practices
- Robust communication skills
- The ability to influence and challenge decisions whilst building relationships
- Resilient with a good sense of humour
- Experience in using HRIS (Sage, PeopleSoft, Workday etc.)
- Experience working within a technology or development organisation
- Interest in Video Games, Video Games Development & The Games Industry.
- Understanding of UK Employment Law
- Experience working with a UK/US or Japanese Organisation
- Experience in visa sponsorship & immigration requirements