Senior Insider Threat Engineer
Job Title:Senior Insider Threat Engineer
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Activision, the publisher of the hit Call of Duty franchise, is looking for a passionate Insider Threat Engineer to join our Activision Blizzard King (ABK) Investigations & Forensics Team (IFT). This position requires performing Information Security-related investigations and forensics, providing investigative services, consulting, and coordinating with security incidents. The member will review activity logs and digital evidence to determine if an incident has occurred, and will provide logs, reports, updates, and other requested information pertaining to IFT-related activities. The member will identify, collect, process, analyze, and manage the evidence lifecycle, conduct computer forensics, including media and hard drive analysis. The team member will participate in producing and maintaining IFT policies, processes, oversee work results, provide formal training. The team member will serve as a technical resource for Information Security team members and participates with Information Security and company functions.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes some of the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and decision making for Insider Threat and IFT Communicate ideas effectively and concisely
- Identify gaps in our processes and documentation and write new processes
- Help drive new projects, product implementations configuration reviews
- Prepare IFT and related threat reports with findings and recommendations
- Evaluate choices of tools for Insider Threat and IFT
- Track and evaluate changes in the threat landscape,
- Act as an advocate for security and the team in all tasks for ABK
- 5+ years of work experience involving Information Security Investigations/Forensics
- Experienced using off the shelf and customizable investigations/forensics tools
- Strong technical knowledge regarding Windows, Apple and Linux operating systems,
- In-depth knowledge of Information Security investigations/forensics
- Ability to work under stress in emergencies with flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously.
- Communicate highly complex technical information clearly to different audiences.
- Manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Strong interpersonal skills who can interface with a broad range of people and roles
- Adapt to new trends and industry changes specific to Internal/external threats
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
- Background in law enforcement focused on IT investigations and forensics
- Experience with scripting and programming
- Relevant certifications, GCFA, CISSP, EnCE, CISA, GCFE, GCIH, CEH
- OSINT knowledge and current tools
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $101,000.00 - $186,754.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.