Beyond Good & Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG and set in the same universe as Ubisoft’s original cult classic. Join the crew at Ubisoft Mainz and help us create the best possible experience for our players.
As Senior Lead Artist you will be responsible for leading the art team in the development of AAA environments and assets while ensuring adherence with the creative vision of the game.
- Help establish, develop and maintain the game artistic style and visual quality
- Help build a successful and proactive team of artists by pushing the quality bar with seasoned artists to mentoring and helping junior staff with their first ever game.
- Inspire and motivate the art team to achieve their best, driving artistic quality by example and successful teamwork, giving feedback and direction where needed.
- Work closely with the art director, product owner, designers, and engineers to establish the production pipeline and best practices for the game.
- Create and maintain the brand/art style guides and technical documentation.
- Mentor artists along their career paths, setting challenges to encourage growth.
- Assess and manage all staff members career progression by helping with training and mentoring by continuous appraisals and feedback.
- Take ownership of the milestone planning, day-to-day feedback communications, and final quality of deliverables from various external partners (outsourcing)
- Understand and work within project requirements and constraints.
What it takes to make it
- Minimum 5 years experience creating artwork for games with at least 1 shipped title as an Art Lead.
- Excellent communication skills as a leader, collaborator, and mentor.
- Excellent 2D and 3D skills - 3D modeling, texturing and lighting
- Proficient with industry tools like 3DS Max and Photoshop, with an ability to learn new tools.
- Pro-active & collaborative work attitude toward achieving results under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills as a leader, collaborator and mentor with a proactive approach to collaboration and feedback from others.
- Excellent communication skills, never afraid to ask questions and to help teammates with answering their own.
- Enjoy the feedback process as the best way to create fantastic visuals and collaboration when working with outsource and external contractors.
- A proven track record in the delivery of high performance, high quality 3D assets for AAA titles.
Artists should enclose a portfolio or link to an online portfolio to their application.
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Fresh fruits, discounted gym membership, corporate benefits and support for child care
- Free bike rental or lease your own bike
- Working in an innovative and international company
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, your portfolio, a cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/