Senior Level Designer
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior Level Designerto work on the highly anticipated remake of Max Payne.
Do you enjoy working on different aspects of the game, crafting story-driven levels and memorable gameplay events? As a Senior Level Designer on this exciting title, you will have the chance to work on combat, narrative, dialogues, encounters and puzzles while facilitating communication between the different departments and crafts.
At Remedy Entertainment, we value diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace for all team members. If you're ready to take on this challenge and make a significant contribution to the team, keep scrolling!
What you get to do:
- In this role, you will be responsible for level design from conception to final stage and polish, using our proprietary level building tools and LUA.
- You will be a main point of contact for all the crafts, especially gameplay art and narrative, facilitating the communication and coordinating the different departments to ensure that the vision for the game is clearly understood.
- As a Level Designer at Remedy, you will have a lot of autonomy and control over the different aspects of level design, while having the support of a solid and experienced team.
What you bring to the role:
- You are an experienced Level Designers and you have shipped one or more titles in a similar role.
- You have experience working with a game engine (Unreal Ed, Unity, CryEngine, or proprietary), using scripting tools to orchestrate events and implementing 3D work into the pipeline.
- You understand the aesthetics of environment, function vs. form relationships, narrative pacing as well as what makes a game level fun and intriguing.
- You have good experience with scripting (python, LUA)
- You can pitch game design concepts in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal skills.
What is in it for you?
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable game experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and team-work, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country, with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (English), work references/portfolio and other information relevant to the position. This position will be filled as soon as suitable applicants are found.