Senior Level Designer (Multiplayer) - High Moon Studios
Job Title:Senior Level Designer (Multiplayer) - High Moon Studios
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company’s history – and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are building a culture of collaboration and seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Senior Level Designer to join our team in Carlsbad, California. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking worlds and player experiences, then this may be the position you’ve been waiting for!
What you’ll do…
- Own and design multiplayer levels from the ground up.
- Block out and build 3d levels through various phases of development.
- Research and be intimately familiar with the game's subject matter, locations, and architecture.
- Collaborate with the Systems Design team to support gameplay mechanics.
- Collaborate with other multiplayer level designers and environment artists to iterate on level designs.
- Prioritize well, meet deadlines and communicate progress of the level design with Leads and Directors frequently.
To succeed you should have…
- Passion for shooters on Console and/or PC.
- Proven experience making fun, visually impressive 3d multiplayer levels for a first person shooter.
- Multiplayer map design & building experience.
- 5+ years of professional level design experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills: with communication, taking and understanding direction well, meeting deadlines, and mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Strong game design skills: should be able to thoughtfully discuss the strengths and weaknesses of recent games and list techniques used to make fun multiplayer FPS levels and systems.
We’d love it if you also have…
- Drawing/art/Photoshop skills.
- Experience with common scripting languages (C#, Lua, Python, Unreal Script).
- Background or education in game design, architecture, or traditional art.
- MOD community experience.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
High Moon Studios
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio developing for the Call of Duty® franchise, with past development on over 15 titles including Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, Bungie’s Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. We employ more than 170 people in Carlsbad, CA, a seaside city in San Diego County.
Our pride is our people and the experiences we have successfully created for our fans. High Moon's talent is comprised of gifted entertainment and technology professionals responsible for some of the most successful games ever made. We have award-winning developers, published artists and specialists recognized as among the best in their fields. Our studio has a history of using innovative techniques designed to boost productivity and product quality, which in turn enhances our studio's quality of life.
High Moon Studios is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.highmoonstudios.com.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
High Moon Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.