Senior Level Designer [New IP] (519)
Work within a multidisciplinary team to create and implement design elements into the game while acting as a reference for team members on the project.
- Create and improve game levels and worlds to ensure optimum playability.
- Participate in the creation, documentation and tuning of the level to provide gameplay experiences according to the design and creative vision.
- Share knowledge within the team and mentor more junior designers.
- Be a reference for the team in relation to level design and find solutions to complex issues that arise.
- Set and share best practices, production pipelines and workflows.
- Understand and apply appropriate difficulty, pacing and flow within levels, and leverage emotional reactions from players through design.
- Work with the Technical Design team when developing new features or tools by contributing to the design and testing process with constructive feedback.
- Understand and apply guidelines for creating engaging level layouts within the game to support specific gameplay rules or playstyles.
- Produce planning schedules that prioritise responsibilities with accurate time estimations.
- Understand and apply data analysis as part of the team's design process.
- Contribute to the definition of improved quality benchmarks and best practices in the level design content in accordance with the project vision.
- Participate in the playtest process by observing and analysing player actions to generate feedback that contributes to the iterative design process.
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work for the team.
- Understand Rational Level Design theory, contribute to the creation of RLD guidelines and advocate for the implementation of level design content.
- Assist the Lead Level Designer with regular reviews of level design content, providing feedback in line with the creative vision and best practices.
Skills and Knowledge
- Visual scripting interfaces (Blueprints, FlowGraph, etc.).
- Understand how to maximise the use of the level design tools and software as part of the production pipeline and workflow.
- 2D and 3D design tools (Sketchup, Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.).
- Strong knowledge of industry standard level editors (Unreal, Unity, etc.).
- Adaptability and proactivity to make informed decisions autonomously.
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce etc.)
- Awareness of typical video game development processes.
- Good knowledge of Rational Level Design theory.
- In-depth gameplay and game design knowledge.
- Experience in Level Design or other relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Game or level Design or other relevant training
- Has shipped a game, preferably on a ‘AAA’ console title.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.