Senior Level Designer (Zombies) - Treyarch
Job Title:Senior Level Designer (Zombies) - Treyarch
Your group of survivors huddles in a small-town gas station garage steeling yourselves for what may be your last stand. As undead breach makeshift barriers guns bark, adrenaline pumps, and corpses fall. As you fight your way out onto the street you see a strange structure in the distance. The ground at its base seems to be moving as a Horde appears on the horizon. This, you realize, is just the beginning.
If this has your imagination churning, and you want to help us craft these kinds of experiences for our players, come join the Zombies Level Design Team! As a Senior Level Designer, you’ll help drive Zombies map production and mentor other Level Designers as opportunities arise.
What you’ll do…
- Own full map geo and work autonomously on your day-to-day tasking.
- Collaborate with developers across multiple subject areas to design spaces that balance realism and the fantastic nature of Zombies while supporting the tone and vision of our maps.
- Work with Design Leadership to take maps from paper design to 3D blockouts.
- Work closely with Game Design, Systems Design, and Engineering to create spaces that leverage new and existing Zombies features.
- Iterate and refine designs based on feedback from team and studio wide feedback.
- Contribute to ideation on everything from Wonder Weapons to New Perks.
To succeed you should have...
- Prior experience on one or more published AAA titles as a Level Designer.
- Clear and proactive communication skills.
- Ability to manage your time effectively, delegate tasks, and multitask.
- Ability to execute design concepts such as level flow, engagement design, and pacing
- Ability to identify and communicate risks in deadlines and assignment scope.
We’d love it if you also have…
- Experience with the Radiant level editor.
- Familiarity with the Zombies mode.
- Experience sculpting realistic terrain in level/world creation packages.
- Familiarity with recent shooters and the trends of the genre.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.