YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
The Senior Lighting Artist will work in a cooperative, international, cross-disciplinary team environment, possessing solid artistic skills, including a thorough understanding of color theory, composition, light, and form. They should have experience with a 3D CG package, demonstrating a solid understanding of rendering, lighting, shading networks, polygonal modeling, and texture UV’s. They should also demonstrate a strong ability to utilize in-house tools to solve technical problems and improve performance as well as interacting with engineers to help develop new tools and workflows
- Produce high quality lighting base on the art direction given;
- Support the marketing efforts with visual assets as necessary;
- Create and iteratively develop visual ideas from prototype to in-game;
- Work closely with fellow artists, programmers, animators, game designers and sound designers and with direction of Creative Leadership to help create high quality In game lighting;
- Post processing; color grading, exposure, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves etc;
- Contribute to the development and placement of special effects related to lighting and atmosphere, such as light flares, fog, god rays and camera optics;
- Prototype the use of lighting technology to reach the visual targets defined by the art direction.
- Show maturity in problem and conflict resolution. Proactively voices out concern to stake holders with supported justification;
- Maintain a professional and healthy relationship with all the team members;
- Approachable and maintains a positive attitude in meetings (reviews, planning…);
- Show exemplary commitment, even in critical situations;
- Collaborate with the art director(s) to ensure alignment between artistic vision and lore.
- Actively communicate all dependencies, changes and task completion to PMs;
- Initiate and participate in the knowledge sharing, problem solving, and technology research with other team within and/or across projects.
- Work according to the priorities in JIRA;
- Show maturity in planning his work and providing visibility to production;
- Provide regular visibility on progress of his work by archiving and sharing content.
- Has very good knowledge about the video game industry and its evolution;
- Use his knowledge of the competition to adapt his game to the expectations of consumers;
- Promote the project's marketing orientations.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Large work experience as Lighting Artist in the gaming industry, on consoles or pc;
- Good communication skills and a great team collaboration spirit;
- Passion for amazing lighting art on games;
- Team player with management experience;
- Good adaptability in a fast changing environment.
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.