Senior Lighting Artist
The Senior Lighting Artist will work in a cooperative, international, cross-disciplinary team environment, possessing solid artistic skills, including a thorough understanding of color theory, composition, light, and form. They should have experience with a 3D CG package, demonstrating a solid understanding of rendering, lighting, shading networks, polygonal modeling, and texture UV’s. They should also demonstrate a strong ability to utilize in-house tools to solve technical problems and improve performance as well as interacting with engineers to help develop new tools and workflows.
- Produce high quality lighting base on the art direction given.
- Support the marketing efforts with visual assets as necessary
- Create and iteratively develop visual ideas from prototype to in-game
- Work closely with fellow artists, programmers, animators, game designers and sound designers.
- Work closely and with direction of Creative Leadership to help create high quality In game lighting
- Post processing; color grading, exposure, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves etc.
- Contributing to the development and placement of special effects related to lighting and atmosphere, such as light flares, fog, god rays and camera optics.
- Prototyping the use of lighting technology to reach the visual targets defined by the art direction.
- Profile existing and future levels to maximize the quality of lighting on characters and environments while staying within performance budgets.
- Shows maturity in problem and conflict resolution. Proactively voices out concern to stake holders with supported justification.
- Maintains a professional and healthy relationship with all the team members.
- Approachable and maintains a positive attitude in meetings (reviews, planning…).
- Show exemplary commitment, even in critical situations.
- Collaborate with the art director(s) to ensure alignment between artistic vision and lore
- Actively communicate all dependencies, changes and task completion to PMs.
- Initiate and participate in the knowledge sharing, problem solving, and technology research with other team within and/or across projects.
- Has very good knowledge about the video game industry and its evolution.
- Uses their knowledge of the competition to adapt their game to the expectations of consumers.
- Promotes the project's marketing orientations.
For the studio and the group:
- The success of the project is the main objective, success also means growing the studio competencies.
- Identify and promotes the application of the best ideas; Contributes to major innovations.
- Share experience, develop an Ubisoft culture.
- You have a great thorough understanding of color theory, composition, light, and form;
- Good technical expertise with a 3D CG package, demonstrating a solid understanding of rendering, lighting, shading networks, polygonal modeling, and texture UV’s;
- You are able to solve technical problems and improve performance, develop new tools and workflows alongside engineers;
- You will collaborate in a cross-disciplinary team environment;
- Good industry knowledge, competition & consumers.
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.