Senior Machine Learning Engineer
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is seeking a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join a team focused on building a cutting-edge game analytics platform and tools to better understand our players and enhance their experience in our games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s NYC studio in Downtown Manhattan.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in developing complex ingestion and transformation processes with an emphasis on reliability and performance. In collaboration with other data engineers, database administrators, and developers, the candidate will empower the team of analysts and data scientists to deliver data driven insights and applications to company stakeholders.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provides insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We partner with multiple departments across the company to design and implement data and pipelines.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data pipelines, data products, data models, reports, analyses, and machine learning applications.
- Work with large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- Work with internal stakeholders to explore and understand business data.
- Apply complex analytical techniques to derive actionable insights.
- Design, build, automate, deploy, and maintain machine learning production pipelines.
- Build model performance tracking tools, monitor month over month model performance, identify drivers, and provide recommendations for model performance improvement.
- Author technical documentation and reports to communicate process and results.
- Set best practices for the continued evolution and support of both the ML platform as well as data science tooling.
- Participate in the on-call rotation to support our production systems. Take learnings from any incidents to re-architect or update systems, processes, or configs to avoid them entirely.
- Load and save large data sets and models efficiently.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field with project experience in machine learning and statistical modeling.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in building machine learning pipelines.
- Experience coding with popular frameworks.
- Strong experience building applied machine learning products, including taking a product through design, implementation, and to production.
- Experience with Spark.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience working with data-science platforms and libraries such as sci-kit-learn, Pytorch, Spark-ML and with proficiency in Python in production settings.
- Experience with resource configuration and optimization in a cloud environment.
- Data engineering (large scale data processing in batch or stream, security, and configuration best practices).
- Experience with large data sets in distributed computing systems such as Hadoop, Cassandra, and/or Kafka.
- Experience with ML/software ops: Git, CI/CD.
- Knowledge of common machine learning and statistics frameworks and concepts.
- Ability to work in different coding environments (local, notebooks, containers) and familiarity with software engineering workflows (testing, code management/Git).
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Microsoft AzureML or MLFlow.
- Experience with Java or C# programming languages.
- Familiar with Restful APIs.
- Experience with Artifact Repositories.
- Game industry experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in New York City at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.