Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Content creators are the backbone of the Twitch community. We are looking for a hands-on thought leader for our User Generated Content Accounting Team with a vision for operational excellence. You will lead a team of 5 responsible for supporting our global partnerships content acquisition team from deal ideation to payout. Key team responsibilities include negotiation support, drafting accounting memos, preparing cost and payout calculations, month end close activities, payment runs, and reporting. As a leader you will guide strategy and innovation in our workflows to support the growth of our business. You will report to the Sr. Director - Content Accounting and Payment Operations and will work with the content acquisition, content finance, legal and tax teams worldwide. You are passionate about developing people and navigating the most complex problems. Responsibilities will evolve over time.
This position can also be located in San Francisco, CA or Los Angeles, CA
- Oversee the monthly close for all aspects of content costs related to User Generated Content. Ensure the financial integrity of content-related commitments, assets, liabilities, and expenses and ensure that creator payouts are on time and accurate.
- Set the short, medium and long-term strategy for the User Generated Content Accounting Team (people, process and systems).
- Be a strategic advisor to the content acquisitions, legal, IT and tax teams in designing systems (i.e. contract lifecycle management system) supporting content acquisition.
- Lead the development of content accounting policies, transform existing processes, field policy interpretation inquiries and ensure compliance with policy.
- Simplify and invent new ways to use systems to improve the contract review and summarization process from ideation to execution and payout.
- Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting accounting transformation projects to achieve scalability and efficiency across processes and workflows.
- Design and implement operating procedures, internal controls and workflows to increase the effectiveness of our content cost accounting and content payout process following SOX guidance.
- Embrace and advocate the Twitch culture and values.
- Minimum 7 years of accounting experience at a rapidly evolving company.
- Bachelor's degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A CPA license, Big Four public accounting firm experience, and system implementation and integrations.
- Minimum 3 years leading and developing teams.
- A natural love of data with advanced spreadsheet skills and are comfortable with analyzing large datasets to make informed conclusions.
- Experience with contract reviews (revenue, leases, or other complex documents) and are unphased by high volumes.
- Excitement to tackle an evolving ecosystem of issues, projects, and priorities.
- US GAAP and SOX controls expertise and ability to operationalize accounting guidance into policy.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.