Senior Manager, Data Engineering
Corporate Data builds and serves data products, which empower teams across the company to know our customers and deliver the best experience for all our users who aspire to build & grow content in real-time 3D, from games to movies, architecture, and beyond.
We are seeking an experienced engineering leader to lead the design, development, and implementation of data pipelines and infrastructure to support the data needs for internal enterprise customers. You will manage a team of data engineers and work closely with cross-functional data and business teams to identify and prioritize data needs, and ensure that data is properly collected, stored, governed and made available for analysis and reporting.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of data pipelines and infrastructure
- Grow and mentor team to optimally improve data solutions supporting business analysis and operations
- Coordinate with internal partners to identify data challenges and design solutions
- Own the processes, practices and foundation for business data production and incident management that will support hyper growth of data usage and dependency
- Develop and implement best practices for data governance, privacy and security
What we’re looking for
- Prior success with setting up and leading teams delivering data solutions to support business teams and operations
- Ability to take business needs and turn them into long term scalable solutions
- Experience leading teams to design complex large scale data models, ETL pipelines and data production systems.
- Expertise with relevant data tools and technologies: such as Redshift, BigQuery, data visualization tools (i.e. Looker, Tableau) and open source tooling for data quality like BigEye.
- Ability to lead projects through all phases including identifying user requirements, technical design & implementation, and final delivery and refinement with partners
You might also have
- Experience in designing solutions for a multi-cloud architecture
Gross base salary (USD): $161,200 to $189,700
*Note: Certain locations require a good faith disclosure of the base salary range for the role. The actual salary for the successful candidate may differ based on location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Relocation support is not available for this position.
Immigration - "Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position."
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Your privacy is important to us. Please take a moment to review our Prospect and Applicant Privacy Policies. Should you have any concerns about your privacy, please contact us at DPO@unity.com.