Senior Manager, Data Protection Program Management
Job Title:Senior Manager, Data Protection Program Management
Senior Manager, Data Protection Program Management
Does Activision Blizzard King sound like an awesome place to work? Do you want to make it even more awesome?
Activision Blizzard King (ABK) is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Program Manager to join our Data Protection & Privacy Engineering group, to help build and support data protection and privacy processes and initiatives at ABK. As a Senior Manager of Data Protection Program Management, you’ll work with team members who are passionate about privacy and data protection and enhance and retain trust of our customers and protect our brand by enabling our business with data privacy and protection technology prescriptions, solutions, and services, to provide epic interactive gaming and entertainment experiences while protecting our customers’ assets and reducing business risks. You’ll be part of a team responsible for a wide range of cross-functional privacy and data protection projects, that entails Data Subjects Rights Management platform to enable our players and employees to exercise their privacy rights, Data Inventory Service that allows discovery and classification of data, and Data Security platform to protect data leveraging encryption, tokenization, key management, and secrets management solutions. You’ll be working in close collaboration with teams throughout the company and will help us to build and support scalable tools and processes to keep the data of the people that use our services safe. You must bring management experience, solid understanding of privacy and data protection principles, as well as creativity, to your daily role. You should have a track record of collaborating and thriving in a fast-paced team environment.
- Drive the development, operationalization, assessment, and optimization of the enterprise data protection program that deliver best in class data protection and privacy practices (including by ensuring compliance measures are met) for ABK and its users
- Drive risk identification, assessments, quantification, and prioritization of the data protection and privacy related risks, by working closely with the ABK InfoSec GRC function
- Drive development and implementation of adequate and appropriate data protection policies pertaining to assessed risks
- Develop metrics, reports and dashboards for the health and progress of the program, and partner with GRC function to register, track and drive risk remediations
- Drive program roadmap creations, prioritizations, and identification of opportunities to continuously reduce risks across the company
- Identify and implement operational improvements to embed data privacy and protection in the way teams work at ABK
- Support adoption of operational privacy processes through discussion and coordination with stakeholders across the company
- Work with data protection project managers and engineers, Legal, GRC and other security and IT teams to review and track data privacy and protection compliance through project lifecycles
- Support and manage various one-off privacy related projects
- Be a cross-functional champion for data privacy and protection
- You are a self-starter who works well with minimal supervision, but shows excellent judgment about when to look to managers and teammates for guidance, and when and how to communicate with diverse stakeholders
- You are a team player with a proven track record of building cross-functional relationships
- You are detail and process oriented and enjoy problem solving
- You have excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- You get things done!!
- 5+ years of enterprise experience being part of or involved in running data privacy & protection programs
- Bachelor’s Degree required at a minimum
- Experience in information security risk, and/or data security or related field
- Proven track record of breaking down processes and identifying key pain points to deliver business improvements at local, regional, and global levels
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional groups to set objectives and produce results
- Experience managing, organizing, and coordinating projects and process-improvements in a program
- Certifications/Accreditations in Information Security, Program Management, Project Management, or Privacy is preferred
- Experience in driving initiatives to address data subjects rights as per various privacy regulations, data discovery & classification, data protection/security controls, and cloud security is desired.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter (optional)
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $116,800.00 - $216,000.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.