Senior Manager, Game Production - WR, Core Experiences
As a Senior Manager in Production, you’ll lead passionate cross-functional teams in crafting creative content and incredible experiences for players around the world. By encouraging teams to collaborate, you’ll drive development, smashing through obstacles and driving products into players’ hands. You’ll exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, improve, and influence creative projects at every stage of production.
As a Senior Manager in Production on League of Legends: Wild Rift’s Core Experience Initiative, you’ll report into the Development Director on Wild Rift. As the initiative delivery lead for the team, you will deliver on innovative content and features such as Champions, Core Gameplay, Meta Game Systems and much more. You will ensure your team places a high value on delivering the product using sustainable development practices, maintaining the health of the team. You will also ensure high-collaboration with our international development partners.
Your work may involve travel to China.
- Develop sustainable production work systems (rituals and artifacts) to ensure work is on track and plugs into product-level systems such as the roadmap or product backlog.
- Provide accurate visibility on the status and health of the production pipeline and highlight shortfalls or risks, and other forms of escalation with stakeholders.
- Manage and mentor execution focused direct reports within the Core Experience initiative.
- Continuously improve team health by identifying opportunities to define and refine how we work as a team.
- Collaborate with external partners on production planning to ensure priorities are clear and hold teams accountable to deliver scheduled commitments.
- 8+ years of working in game development, with experience in the full game development life cycle using a variety of development methodologies (Scrum, Lean, Waterfall, etc).
- Systems-based thinking, with a willingness to invest time to understand root cause analysis
- Strong negotiation skills, with a mix of patience and goal orientation to navigate complex cultural, technology and product requirements.
- 4+ years of direct people management
- Experience in publishing international titles
- Ability to manage change across teams, organizations and cultures
- Fluency in Mandarin
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).