Senior Manager - Infrastructure
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for a Sr. Manager of Software Development to lead the teams responsible for the tools and automation of our infrastructure and network.
You will help define the vision for our products and build a world-class engineering organization to implement that vision. You will work with the individual contributors and managers on your teams in addition to cross-team with engineering, product, business leads. You will also work with both Twitch and Amazon senior leadership to deliver visible results. You have demonstrated the ability to build large teams, to develop leaders, and have delivered at scale. You will report to the VP of Amazon IVS Infrastructure.
- Build and lead an engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations
- Establish a clear technical vision for the team
- Establish metrics and measurement for all work / processes, set goals for the next stages of the work and justify both current and future resources and directions with executive management
- Hire, develop and retain a team of managers, engineers and technical program managers to support your efforts.
- Set the bar for engineering excellence and hold teams to that standard
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent)
- 5+ years experience as a software developer, with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
- 3+ years managing and leading multiple software engineering teams for an organization
- Experience delivering software projects using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience developing long-term strategies
- Must be technically experienced, knowledgeable and credible to help teams make the right design, architecture, and technology choices.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business
- Demonstrated experience delivering products, managing budgets and justifying resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners
- Background in the premium content, video products, community-based products
- Experience with network automation or network engineering
- Experience with Go programming language
- Experience with AWS Tools (DynamoDB, EC2, RDS, etc)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut, Washington and New Jersey is $184,900 - $250,200 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Twitch values your privacy. Please consult our Candidate Privacy Notice, for information about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information of our candidates.
Job ID: TW7929