Senior Manager, Legal Operations
Who We Are:
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products principally through Rockstar Games, 2K, Private Division, and Zynga. Our products are currently designed for console gaming systems, PC, and Mobile, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO.
While our offices (physical and virtual) are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to our core tenets of creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide a great place to come to work each day to pursue your passions.
The selected candidate will serve as the Senior Manager of Legal Operations in Take-Two offices in New York, and open to remote. This individual will support the global legal team and will be key in creating processes and practices to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the legal team, facilitating change, and controlling costs. This individual will drive the implementation and use of proper systems, processes, and tools to deliver legal services in the most efficient and cost-effective manner, including supporting both internal and external resource management.
What You’ll Take On
Legal Technology - Enhance existing and develop new tools to enable streamlined team collaboration and workflow automation within the legal team and among business partners
- Lead optimal utilization of technology by the Legal team, though planning, selection, procurement and/or development, training, and adoption of key technology resources.
- Manage system deployments, enhancements, and related process guidelines
- Improve data integrity and analytical reporting capacity
- Troubleshoot equipment/systems issues with technology teams
- Champion the usage of technology
Outside Counsel / External Resource Management - Facilitate the management process for sourcing, negotiating, selecting, and managing law firms and external service providers through defined processes and reporting
- Develop and enforce processes and policies to manage outside counsel usage and spend
- Champion planning and implementation of strategic outside counsel initiatives and support active law firm management
- Manage law firm matter budget review process
- Provide analysis and recommendations with respect to alternative fee arrangements
- Manage reporting and analyses of legal services spend
- Manage RFPs and competitive bidding process
- Develop and oversee process and policies to manage other external resources, such as consultants, and vendors
Financial Planning - Prepare accurate legal budgets, forecasts, and monitor spend
- Assist with the development of the legal budget, business cases and other funding requests for Legal Department initiatives
- Capture full matter costs to aid in active spend management and monitor operational costs for improved budget forecasting accuracy
- Identify and track metrics, KPIs, and legal operations reporting to better inform decision-making, including matter and work product analyses
Knowledge Management - Facilitate transparent and accessible legal process and operations information to support legal team
- Develop an efficient and effective information governance program for all legal content and information
- Create processes for capturing, distributing, and effectively using legal knowledge and information, from work products (such as legal memos, emails, and contracts) to ensure efficient use of prior experience.
- Assist legal team with Continuing Legal Education resources
- Manage legal knowledge subscriptions and professional association memberships
- Track trends in in-house legal department best practices, and collect relevant benchmarking to inform department initiatives
Project & Process Management - Manage Legal Department projects from inception to completion
- Define and drive strategic and operational initiatives with on-time and on-budget results
- Directly manage identified projects to support the strategic objectives of the Legal Operations function.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners and teams including technology, finance, human resources, risk, and various other teams
What You Bring
- 7+ years of experience in managing Legal operations
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of technical systems and tools utilized by law departments to efficiently manage its provision of legal services, including contract and knowledge management systems.
- Experience in workflow automation tools, matter management, e-billing, and document/contract management systems required.
- Preference given to candidates with in-house experience, especially at an entertainment or tech company
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and develop direct reports
- Detailed planning and organizational skills to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Collaborative style, with the skill to build relationships within the team, across departments, and with external stakeholders.
- Ability to identify opportunities, define requirements and implement process improvement.
- Attention to detail with excellent time management/prioritization skills
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
The pay range for this position in New York State (inclusive of New York City) at the start of employment is expected to be between $120,000 and $180,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.