Senior Manager, Product and Revenue Partnerships - Games
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Business Development who is passionate about building new partnerships to accelerate our revenue and new product plans. In this global role, you will bring passion and creativity in engaging with prospective partners across a variety of different industries - from gaming to consumer tech, digital media, and more.
You will build partnership strategies and lead its execution, including sourcing and driving complex deals. You will also work with senior executives at our partner organizations and be a trusted promoter for Discord's products and priorities. Internally, you will be an advocate for our partners and bring the "voice of the partner" to inform cross-functional team discussions and our decisions. You will report to the Head of Product and Revenue Partnerships.
What you'll be doing
- Lead the full life-cycle of partnership execution from initial partner engagement through deal structure and close
- Cultivate relationships with main players and decision-makers at potential partner companies
- Articulate and refine Discord value proposition, to secure partner commitments to enter into mutually beneficial, sustainable relationships
- Work with team members to develop forecasts and models to measure the value and influence of potential partnerships
- Work with the account management team and cross-functional colleagues including finance, marketing, operations, legal and product to ensure partner success and achieve defined goals
What you should have
- 6+ years of proven experience in business development and partnerships experience
- 2+ years of driving deals within the gaming vertical
- History of diverse deal making experience including: product-driven deals, revenue-driven deals and first-of-kind partnership work
- Experience working with internal teams at early stages to establish and articulate partner value within the context of Discord
- Knowledge of digital media and tech trends and an informed perspective on consumer applications of such trends
- Ability to inspire and engage C-level executives, both internally and externally
- Develop new ideas build a business case and pitch it to relevant partners
- Experience structuring complex partnerships and navigating difficult contract negotiations
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A fan or user of Discord
- Leads with empathy and a team player
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $162,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $145,800/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
#buildbelonging #LI-Hybrid #LI-EG1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!