Senior Manager, Product Management - VALORANT, Competitive & Social
The Product Management group performs internal and external analyses, makes insightful recommendations, designs solutions, develops products, and implements strategies that address complex business issues to achieve company goals. We’re a diverse group of consultants, business people, scientists, and at our core, a team of gamers. We are united by our desire to remain player-focused while maximizing our business outcomes. We support our recommendations with a myriad of sources to ensure we’re informed by data.
As a Senior Manager, Product Manager on VALORANT, you will be working with the Competitive & Social / Player Dynamics team, supporting the development of competitive and social features for VALORANT. You will help define the long term vision of the team and feature roadmap by actively evaluating opportunity areas and prioritizing features based upon player impact. You incorporate learnings from product experiments, constantly updating your understanding of the product audience to better predict what players care about, and incorporate these lessons into future problem space definition and roadmap focus.
This role focuses on impact sizing/assessment, designing new features (and feature improvements), and developing content strategy for features within the Competitive/Social and Player Dynamics space. For the Competitive space, this includes products around matchmaking, ranked, and systems surrounding competitive play. For the Social and Player Dynamics space, this includes products around player behavior, player-to-player interactions, and out-of-game communication systems.
You will run data analysis and use existing dashboards to monitor the game’s performance and design experiments to optimize the game’s engagement and revenue metrics. Finally, you’ll be partnered with people across different work functions, so relationship management is a key part of your craft.
- Support the development of long-term product strategy and work with analytics, product, and design teams to improve VALORANT’s current ecosystem of competitive and social / player dynamics features
- Analyze player data and product results to find actionable business insights
- Partner with product teams to prioritize their efforts - accounting for delivery timelines, engagement impacts, and opportunity costs
- Communicate strategic recommendations and product outcomes to business leaders and decision makers
- 6+ years of experience in product management, preferably for a gaming company
- 2+ years of experience in a people management role
- Understanding of matchmaking and competitive systems used in multiplayer games used to drive engagement or player sentiment, either through design or personal experience.
- Focus on data-driven decision making or solving problems with incomplete information in the absence of data
- Experience breaking down complex problems and problem spaces using various business or product frameworks and crafting optimal solutions for our players and our business
- Self motivated, and has a desire to work with people to navigate through ambiguity
- Experience in video game production, product management, consulting, or business strategy for consumer-facing products preferred
- MBA or advanced degrees in Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, a related discipline, or comparable work experiences (meaningful work experience = 3+ years in relevant space)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this is the role for you!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.