Senior Manager, Sales and Corporate Partnerships - Call of Duty Endowment
Job Title:Senior Manager, Sales and Corporate Partnerships - Call of Duty Endowment
Senior Manager, Partnerships - Call of Duty Endowment | Santa Monica, CA
Reporting To: Executive Director, Call of Duty Endowment
Our company is deeply committed to meaningful social impact, most notably through our flagship charitable effort, The Call of Duty Endowment, the world’s largest and most effective private funder of veteran employment.
To learn more, check us out at www.callofdutyendowment.org, www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @CODE4Vets and @ATVI_AB.
As the Senior Manager, Call of Duty Endowment Development and Partnerships, you will drive and be accountable for all fundraising efforts for the Endowment and will report to the Endowment’s Executive Director.
The Call of Duty Endowment is a 501(c)(3) non-profit private foundation supported by Activision Blizzard. To date, the Endowment has awarded more than $62 million in grants to non-profits that demonstrate the highest level of effectiveness, efficiency and integrity in placing veterans in quality jobs. The Endowment’s rigorous grantee selection process has allowed it to achieve an average cost-per-placement of <$547 compared to the $5,900 spent by the U.S. government. All funds the Endowment raises go directly to our mission, as Activision Blizzard covers the Endowment’s operating costs. In addition to providing funding to the highest performing veterans’ employment organizations, the Endowment partners with its grantees to provide advice and support aimed at helping them sharpen their already top-notch skills.
Established in 2009, Call of Duty Endowment has funded placements for 110,000 US and UK veterans to date—that’s more than half the size of the US Marine Corps! We are now working to place our next 100,000 veterans.
The Senior Manager, Call of Duty Partnerships will be responsible for raising funds to support the Endowment’s mission in the US and UK. You will partner closely with Activision Blizzard partnerships, commercial, and product teams, to develop and implement programs that attract new financial supporters to the cause. Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Santa Monica, CA. However, we understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore other possible options, including remote work arrangements.
- Develops and executes a fundraising plan and pipeline that allows the Endowment to meet its overall financial and operational goals through in-game items, corporate partnerships, other foundations, and events.
- Reports regularly to the Endowment team on progress against goal and leverages the team for assistance when needed.
- Builds internal and external relationships to enable our expanding revenue generation.
- Leads outreach to prospective supporters through compelling, accurate, timely, and on-brand communications.
- Leverages our unique assets to expand existing fundraising platforms and develop new ones, always with an eye to projected effort vs. anticipated impact.
- Works optimally with cross-functional Activision Blizzard teams including Partnerships, Sales, Product Management, Consumer Marketing, Digital Marketing, PR, CRM and Communications to ensure commitments to supporters are met.
- Exhibits responsibility, creativity, and with integrity in all actions.
This is a perfect role for a person currently successful in a revenue generation role and seeking more purpose from their work. The successful candidate must possess unquestionable character and absolute integrity. You will be a validated revenue generator with a blend of superior analytical, operational and communications skills continuously applied to help the organization reach its goals. Additionally, you should possess exceptional attention to detail, strong initiative, planning and critical thinking skills while serving as a hands-on collaborator.
- 5+ years of experience in revenue generation roles and corporate partnerships with the ability to show significant incremental revenue gains from your work.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and implementing long- and short-range revenue initiatives in conjunction with strategic planning processes.
- Experience collaborating within a large organization.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to conduct research, gather data, analyze information, and prepare effective, accurate, and timely reports and other documents to support revenue objectives.
- Highly developed planning, financial projection, deck creation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and experience in driving fulfillment of partner commitments and other complex activities in support of revenue objectives.
- A passion to make a positive difference in the lives of military veterans.
- A creative problem solver who looks beyond the status quo.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with corporate functions, partners, prospects, and/or donors in a wide range of roles.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, to demonstrate an understanding of ethics and law related to fundraising activities, and to use discretion in interactions with partners, prospects, and others.
- Familiarity with the gaming industry or a passion to learn about it.
- Experience in philanthropic work (preferably organizations connected to supporting veteran causes) desired, but not required.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Defining Year 1 Success
- Create realistic, but ambitious revenue plan that can be performed within team’s existing capacity, aligned with current strategy (but having the ability to influence its future direction).
- Create robust prospect pipeline to support the above plan.
- Generate at least $2M incremental revenue above the Endowment’s 2022 revenue from the prospect pipeline
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as advised by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $116,800.00 - $216,000.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.