Senior Manager, Vulnerability Management
Job Title:Senior Manager, Vulnerability Management
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility and creativity to improve the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB
Senior Manager, Vulnerability Management is a leader role that will be responsible for managing the team of vulnerability assessment and remediation professionals through multi-disciplinary teams.
- Manager the appropriate teams to develop patching schedules and vulnerability remediation plans for the infrastructure and application development group,
- Be able to prioritize vulnerabilities based on risk, forecast workload, and oversee employee issues.
- Proactive in removing roadblocks, pave the way for innovation, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment,
- Triage, investigate, document, and manage security vulnerabilities reported by external sources,
- Oversee the driving of remediation by outlining a defense-in-depth approach to business stakeholders and providing strategic solutions to developers on effective security controls and counter measures,
- Perform in-depth analysis and research of new vulnerabilities,
- Partner with key stakeholders to review patch release notes for 3rd party applications and infrastructure operating systems and determine compatibility, upgrade processes, and remediation strategies
- 10+ years’ experience in Vulnerability and Remediation.
- 4+ years leading a team of people/program management.
- Ability to drive operational strategy within the Information Security organization and with partner teams.
- Demonstrated history of delivering timely reports in line with security standards to IT teams with clear indications of remediation needs
- Ability to identify gaps and areas of improvement for process and recommendations to fill those gaps or implement change
- Leveraging or generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
- Promotes and facilitates effective communication between the Information System, Security Engineering, Architecture, IT Operations and other departments and or business units and ensure escalation of issues to management when necessary
- A deep understanding of security principles to discern risk adequately
- Minimum of 5 years-experience with vulnerability scanning tools (Rapid7, Qualys, Tenable)
- Minimum of 5 years-experience in CVSS scoring of vulnerabilities in an enterprise IT environment
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline, and / or relevant industry certifications (CISSP, CISA/M, CIPP/CIPM/CIPT, PMP) and / or relevant work experience
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.