Senior Material Artist
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and we have a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We are also excited to be the latest recipient of the Canadian Studio of the Year award. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
As a Senior Material Artist at Certain Affinity, you will work with a small team of Material Artists to create highly detailed materials, masks, and textures for characters, game environments, and world assets.
- Create physically-based Materials/Textures for use with props, environments, and characters
- Assist in material library creation and maintaining material pipelines
- Collaborate with other artists to build and integrate assets into a visually consistent and highly immersive world
- Match established art styles while helping improve the visual direction
- Portfolio demonstrating a wide variety of materials using both procedural and 3d sculpted techniques.
- Portfolio demonstrating tiled textures and 0-1 UV mapped assets. Assets must show strong attention to detail focusing on believability and overall esthetic composition
- Solid understanding of PBR standards and surface/light interactions
- Strong foundation knowledge in traditional arts
- Experience creating 3D art for a game project or title
- Able to use 3D and/or procedural techniques to create high-quality materials within production timelines
- Strong knowledge of UE4
- Strong knowledge of Maya and/or another 3D software package
- Strong knowledge of Zbrush modeling
- Solid understanding of color theory, and be able to create balanced and appealing color palettes
- Must be punctual, diligent, articulate, and organized
- A desire to work and support a diverse and inclusive environment
- Experience leading other artists
- Shipped 1+ AAA title as an environment artist
- Experience using proprietary editors, software, and tools
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity is authorized to do business in many, but not all, of the states in the US and the Canadian provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Certain Affinity is registered, you may not be eligible for employment as a fully remote employee. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where we are registered.