Senior Materials Artist - EA Sports
About the Organization: EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in sports & entertainment with nearly 30 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and athletes. We are creating a team to build a new unannounced AAA EA SPORTS product across platforms. This is your opportunity to join this new team that will shape the future of interactive entertainment and create the next great EA SPORTS game.
About our team: We are starting a new team composed of a mixture of experienced EA/EA SPORTS employees and new talent from across industries. With some of the most valuable sports IP in the world, and the resources EA has to offer, we have access to the capabilities needed to deliver amazing new experiences for an expanded audience of players worldwide.
As a Senior Materials and Shader Artist, you will collaborate closely with Art Direction and Lead Artists, to create Substance Designer-based materials libraries and tools, as well as in-game Frostbite shader graphs. This includes authoring material sets for more diverse environments.
- Creating benchmark materials for use on surfaces and assets, using Substance Designer.
- Authoring Substance filters and utilities to add to our Substance toolsets.
- Look development to inform materials best practices and workflows.
- Deconstructing concept art, reference imagery, and style guides into efficient material sets and runtime material graphs.
- Effectively leveraging opportunities for reuse and modularity.
- Exploring, recommending and implementing new techniques, tools and workflows, that improve quality and efficiency.
- Establishing and maintaining team best practices.
- Mentoring junior/intermediate artists.
- Examples of material libraries and parametric runtime materials built from the ground up.
- Broad range of PBR material types, including man-made and organic surfaces, demonstrating a strong sense of natural weathering, age, and wear-and-tear.
- Examples of filters, tools, and utilities created in Substance Designer.
- Examples of runtime materials created in Unreal, Unity, or similar, a bonus.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $143,700 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.