Senior Memory Systems Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Senior Memory Systems Engineer – 164624
Within the client platform engineering team, this senior memory systems engineer will work with internal engineering teams and external partners in an exciting lab environment to debug and qualify the latest memory components coming to the market for use with the latest leading edge AMD products.
An engineer at the core that is driven to learn new memory technologies, working across silicon design, validation, and memory partners to deliver robust memory solutions.
- Lead system memory electrical characterization planning, validation, analysis, and debug
- Develop technical test plans to support platform bring-up and the validation execution of DDR4/5 and LPDDR4x/5 memory components in partnership with memory controller and PHY designers, BIOS developers, platform design engineers and external partners.
- Execute electrical and functional DDR4/5 and LPDDR4x/5 memory test plans as part of a technical platform team to verify system functionality to product specification using hardware and software validation tools.
- Develop scripts and tools to support system memory silicon validation, characterization, and analysis.
- Analyze electrical and functional test data to drive into production SOC and system solution decisions.
- Debug of system memory issues found during pre-silicon emulation, bring up, validation, and production phases of SOC programs.
- Mentor junior engineering staff in electrical characterization validation and debug concepts
- Experience in system memory validation and / or SOC IP electrical characterization, preferably in DDR4/5 or LPDDR4x/5
- Technical expertise in the development and execution of platform level electrical and functional test plans.
- Experience in software development including using languages such as Python & Ruby to be used in system memory silicon validation test plan development & execution
- Experience in the debug of I/O interfaces such as DDR4/5 and LPDDR4x/5
- In-depth knowledge of PC architectures and system technologies.
- Experience using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, reading schematics and layout design files used in system memory analysis and debug.
- Experience with windows and linux operating systems
- Good written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate with a variety of engineering disciplines and management.
Bachelors or master’s degree in electrical or Computer Engineering
Requisition Number: 164624
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.